YAMAHA 55AE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAMAHA 55AE

Can anyone help me ... I have a Yamaha 55Ae ,it runs but could do with a service and a few other things , i am trying to find a service book and a parts book .. or anyone I could take it to for it too be looked at ... One of the main things is reverse needs adjusting .... can someone help ???

hi mate i also have a yamaha 55e ( 1976 ) mobdel number 663-l-30807 did you have any luck finf=ding a manual for the 55e if so could you direct me in the right direction
    best regards
    Craigo

Comment

visually inspect your shift shaft just above the lower unit for corrosion.
      with throttle in neutral,unhook gear cable,work linkage by hand while running at idle,find neutral on linkage to lower unit and adjust cable end to sit over the linkage pin.

Comment

Try online in one of the tech book archives web sites. I'll get back to you just as soon as I find the web address to the place where I buy my outdated tech manuals. It,s around here somewhere. With Craigo being in Greece it may be a little expensive coming from th USA.....Craigo, check your private messages, I,d like to chat with you. Thinking of going to Greece for our 20th wedding anniversary. Yes I will be fishing!!!!

[ December 28, 2006, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Bay Catt ]

Comment

Found the name of the place where I used to purchase outdated shop mauals, however they are no longer in business. Try online, I type in "outboard motors manuals" and retrieve a slew of sites that my have what you are looking for. One site claimed to have manuals back to 1930. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X