Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 200 OX-66 Water Pressure issue

Hiya,
    I did a search and do not see this issue discussed before. Maybe I missed it.

New to me, twin 2000 200 ox-66 engines. Port engine gauge shows no water pressure. I checked the fitting at the engine. Both the ferrel on the tube
    and the adapter at the engine are clear.
    They are also dry when I checked again after running it. The other engine I can see water and air in the tube out of the engine. On the problem engine,
    no water in the tube at the engine. I am seeing water out of the indicator. It is stronger on the other engine though. Purchased from a neighbor on
    same canal. I did see him flush after each use. I did new thermostats and cleaned out the thermostat housing salt deposits.
    No over heat alarm.
    I am wondering what to do. Could be a clogged water passage? Maybe get my air compressor and blow into where the adapter screws into the engine?
    Also, if I use the flush hose, does the flush water get to the area where the pressure line screws into the engine? I would rather after blowing into the area,
    use fresh water to see if I get flow to the sending pick up.
    Thanks
    2000 Wellcraft 270 Coastal Tournament Edition
    Twin 2000 200 OX-66

Originally posted by Operaman View Post
    I am seeing water out of the indicator.
    No over heat alarm.
    so thats good - and shows you do have "some" - even "adequate" - water pressure.

so you have two gauges? perhaps the gauge itself is bad -

how much trouble would it be to switch the tubes at the gauge ends & see what you get?

certainly the water supplied to the flush attachment should reach the gauge port.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
      so thats good - and shows you do have "some" - even "adequate" - water pressure.

so you have two gauges? perhaps the gauge itself is bad -

how much trouble would it be to switch the tubes at the gauge ends & see what you get?

certainly the water supplied to the flush attachment should reach the gauge port.

Water out of the one that is working at the gauge, no water at the one showing zero.

I thought the fresh water flush should reach the port as well.
      Thanks
      Twin 2000 200 OX-66

Comment

Old thread but was a consistent problem through last Saturday. Finally threw temp alarms after all this time of not enough water to the top of the head to send water to the gauge at the dash.
        Infa-red temp gun showed higher temp at top cylinder and thermostat area the rest of head on both sides at 2200 rpm at dock in neutral.
        I got a set of head gaskets, water jacket gaskets and my brother and I went at it on Saturday.
        Very lucky that an 18 year old engine used in saltwater let me crack every bolt with just a 1/4 inch ratchet.
        Removed the head, saw some build up in block passages. Not a real lot, but enough to clean.
        Removed water jacket from the head.
        The water jacket gasket was falling apart, in pieces. We both said, hey, could very well be it was collapsed and causing blockage.
        Cleaned all the bolts, water jacket and head passage ways, which was needed.

Assembled and even t idle, saw the water creeping up the water tube at the head that goes to the gauge.
        Ran up a bit in neutral gauge showing pressure. Bay test and Success.

Twin 2000 200 OX-66

Comment

Working...
        X