Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM LIMITING Question for RODBOLT.

Rodbolt,

Can you please explain how the ECU limits the rpm (overspeed protection) on a newer outboard. Where it gets it information from and what does it cut, ignition or fuel injectors to accomplish this.

Thanks
    Last edited by panasonic; 05-15-2017, 11:09 PM.

There are several types of modern Yams. You might want to narror your question to a specific model.

All Yams are equal. Some are just more equal than others.

Comment

I am sure he needs a motor model# to be able to answer properly

I am sure on carbed motors it would be spark and timing maybe.
      injected I would think if you jacked with injectors it could lean out and that could cause a problems.
      Just a guess tho
      Last edited by 99yam40; 05-15-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Ok how about a F60LH....2011 model.

Comment

Are you talking about the RPM reduction mode when an over temperature or low oil pressure event is observed or the RPM limit mode when an over speed event occurs?

By the way, you might want to provide rodnut with the three character prefix of the engine ID. He won't recognize a Canadian peculiar model down here in the land of Trump.
          Last edited by boscoe99; 05-15-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Are you talking about the RPM reduction mode when an over temperature or low oil pressure event is observed or the RPM limit mode when an over speed event occurs?

By the way, you might want to provide rodnut with the three character prefix of the engine ID. He won't recognize a Canadian peculiar model down here in the land of Trump.
            You guys are making it hard for me...lol

Engine over speed is what I am interested in. What happens at 6200 rpm?

6C5 prefix.

I was trying to link it to a thread from earlier today "Tachometer trouble" by Purvis30.

Have not figured out how to do that yet....

Comment

on the US market F60 EFI motors as the limit is approached the ECU starts misfiring various cylinders.
              it is very smooth and almost undetectable.

RPM is based on pulser coil inputs.
              on the US market EFI 4 strokes the tach signal is generated in the ECU based on pulser coil inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                on the US market F60 EFI motors as the limit is approached the ECU starts misfiring various cylinders.
                it is very smooth and almost undetectable.

RPM is based on pulser coil inputs.
                on the US market EFI 4 strokes the tach signal is generated in the ECU based on pulser coil inputs.
                Thanks a lot Rodbolt, that is exactly what I wanted to know. No hearsay.

Comment

Working...
                X