analog gauges with multifunction gauge kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• analog gauges with multifunction gauge kit

I have a 2006 225 4 stroke with the multifunction gauge kit 6YR-W0035-E2-00 and have a question about using analog gauges as well as the digital read outs with the kit.

I have analogue gauges for tilt/trim, oil temp, water temp that are currently not in use and left over from an older installation.

I've been able to find the wiring harness connections from the multifunction installation guide:

http://www.mbcboats.com/perfbull/Yam...KitInstall.pdf

but am not sure if I can figure out which wires are the sending wires for older gauges.

I don't want to disable the kit functions but simply want to have analogues working too...if possible and trying NOT to look for more trouble .

Thanks!

Except for the engine trim function (one sender cannot normally drive two instruments) analog gauges can be installed on your F225 and used in conjunction with your digital display multi-function tachometer.

Gauges available from Yamaha are for water temperature, water pressure, fuel quantity, hour meter, battery/engine voltage, engine trim, etc.

Sender is available for the water temperature gauge. It screws into a cylinder head. Water pressure fitting is available for the water pressure gauge. It screws into a cylinder head. Hour meter connects to wires at the dash. Volt meter connects to wires at the dash.

Oil temperature to be displayed would be via a non-Yamaha oil temperature gauge. You would need to plumb a sensor into the oil system.

Comment

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the response. I have older Faria gauges on the console and the Yamaha installer (years ago) ran wires from the Yamaha gauge kit to the fuel tank gauges as well as the volt meter (which work fine). I was trying to figure which wire in the harness might be the sender for the tilt/trim and water temp. But it sounds like even if I could identify them I should just tap into it and run a sender wire to the Faria gauges?

Again, many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by trkyleIII View Post
        I was trying to figure which wire in the harness might be the sender for the tilt/trim and water temp. But it sounds like even if I could identify them I should just tap into it and run a sender wire to the Faria gauges?
        I did not think that was what Boscoe was saying, rather that it is possible to connect analog gauges in addition to a Yamaha "multifunction" gauge.

Except for the trim - where he advised that connecting two gauges simultaneously would result in an erroneous reading.

One of the wires to the multifunction tach lights an indicator for "overtemp" -
        but not temperature values per se

another wire lights an indicator for "low oil pressure" - but not pressure per se

Comment

Thanks - that should help a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X