1988 70HP new oil injection pump installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 70HP new oil injection pump installation

I just purchased the new oil injection pump (J51-13200-01-00 for this motor, feel like a fool already did not see the adapter plate, thought I ordered the wrong pump.having said that the fittings for the hoses to the carbs off of the pump are in different locations than the originals, the manual only shows original equipment is there a link to someplace to find the new routing for the hoses. maybe I am overthinking this. Please help and Thanks in advance.

Confirm your part number please. I believe that the original pump (6H1-13200-01-00) was replaced by part number 6H1-WS132-00-00.

J51-13200-01-00 does not appear to be a good number.

Comment

Yes I was away from all of my numbers, the numbers you posted are correct

Comment

the pump I am mounting is 6H1-WS132-00-00

Comment

So I have it mounted bled it everything is hooked up, however the new style pump does not have a stop at idle, just a stop at WOT so I adjusted the throttle linkage to WOT and against the full open stop on the pump. Does anyone see a problem with this? While I was getting the adjustment out of the manual, this new style pump is not set up the same.

Comment

the new style pump should have a stopper at the idle position and not the WOT.
            you have to use the later SM for adjustments and oil line routing.

Comment

Where can I get the new service manual, I have spoken to Yamaha directly no one has offered that up.
              The reason I assumed the stop was at WOT was I held it against that stop and the pump primed and bled normally within the alotted time.
              thats why this is so confusing to me

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckberg2 View Post
                Where can I get the new service manual, I have spoken to Yamaha directly no one has offered that up.
                The reason I assumed the stop was at WOT was I held it against that stop and the pump primed and bled normally within the alotted time.
                thats why this is so confusing to me
                The old dogs at Yamaha have long since left the building. The young pups there might not have ever heard of a 70 HP two stroke Yamaha. Let alone the configuration change to the oil pump.

Later year 70 HP service manuals are available from this website.

The parts catalogs are available at Yams website and at this website. They can sometimes be used to help determine how the hoses are to be routed. For instance:

Comment

Procedure from a 2003 70TLRC service manual:

Comment

I appreciate everyones help on this, Boscoe99 thank you so much, thats what I was looking for, It affirms what I thought, having it in print makes me breath a lot easier.
                    Manny thanks to all who have helped me on this.

Comment

I ran into this problem this year with a customer and ran across this thread. Yamaha was clueless about the new pump and the adapter plate. After several months and a summer lost they finally gave me the info that I needed.

I hope this helps others down the road

Comment

Comment

Went to order the adapter plate parts today thanks to the Tech guys at Yamaha and the ordering department tells me NLA parts. No Longer Available “SMH”

Comment

Working...
                          X