Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

move engine from one to another? do it fit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• move engine from one to another? do it fit??

its it possibel to move a 40 HP engine from a 95' placed on a upper casing wiht model number 63D
    to a older upper casing - number 6H4

i can se the engine block is the same on the to types. but i dont know if there is something you have to be aware of. the gasket between the engine and upper casing is the same as well.

hope some one can give me a hint.

I am sure not many people would have the need to do something like that.

If you have the need and the gaskets are the same for both motors then give it a try and let us know how it works out

Comment

yeah but kind a hoped someone before me tried it. so i wouldent have to use 800 dollars on a try out.

Comment

A hint would be to look at the base gasket. It carries a 6H4 prefix and is used on both 6H4 upper casings and 63D exhaust guides.

6H4-45113-A0-00 YAMAHA GASKET,UPPER CASIN

Comment

year i know. and i also know the engine block is the same one on the two.

but the gear axle has not the same part number, and how do i know that i won't have a problem there.

as far as i can tell i cant se way its WONT work. but then again. its a lot of money on a feeling. it would be nice if someone axcully knew it.

Comment

You wanted to know if it would work. Probably. Maybe more than likely.

What is a gear axle? Are you talking about the gear ratio in the lower unit? If a 40 HP block will turn a lower unit with one gear ratio, and turn another lower unit with a different gear ratio, what's the question?

There are leaders and there are followers. Someone has to 'speriment and then let the rest know.

We are waiting to hear from you as to how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
            X