Normal temps of heads on ox66 250HP **pics**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal temps of heads on ox66 250HP **pics**

I ran my 2001 Yamaha 250 today for about 6 minutes then pulled the cowling to examine. I wanted to make sure all seals were good and that the VRO was pumping well. All was well in that department.

I did notice that my clinders were pretty warm though. That might be normal, but I though I would run this past you guys.

Upon putting my hands on the cylinders this is what I found:

Bottom Cylinders: Mild warm to touch
    Middle Cylinders: Medium hot - could touch about 8 seconds then too hot
    Top Cylinders: Hot - could touch them about 5 seconds then too hot.

Is this normal when running boat for 6 minutes at 3500RPM's?

Also,

on the right side of the motor, I have 3 wires. I beleive they go to guages. There is also a harness. Do you guys recognize these wires? I'd like to hook them up if possible.

I hope you mean running your motor in water for 6 mins at 3500 rpm as i doubt your hose can keep up with the water demand that your 250 wants.Also, i think its not great to run it at that rpm if not under load.do your thermosensors sound the buzzer when grounding the pink wire?

Comment

Did they not use a Yamaha harness when they rigged this boat? What are all the chopped wires hanging forward of the plug? I believe the 4-plug piece on the motor side is to the remote oil tank. The other plug is probably the trim indictator. If you run this motor on the garden hose make sure you use the flush muffs that feed from both sides of the inlets, the type with the "Y-pipe" hose connection. Don't run it over 1500 rpms on the hose.

Mike......... Miami, FL

Comment

Working...
      X