No announcement yet.

89 200 no water in port head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll go ahead and put a new impeller in (lots of fun on a boat lift), but maybe AFTER trying vinegar.

Comment

if the crossover tube is leaking it will dump water from around the steering tiller area.

Comment

Please elaborate on cross over tube. Can it be changed out? Or part of casting?

Comment

I'm a fabricator....could I run a hose crossover from tstat housing to tstat housing and get it flowing if crossover is bad/clogged? Compression on this old girl is still 120 on all want to try to keep going....

Comment

You have failed to answer Rods question on the water flowing out somewhere.
            what good would fabricating another way for water to flow if you cannot keep the power head filled due to water leaking out?

Comment

Sorry, I'll check that next time I run it tomorrow after a vinegar soak.

But, I don't care if water is leaking out if I can find another way of circulating. Hey water is leaking out into exhaust whenever running but I know that's after its gone where it needs to go. This thing is basically an experiment to see if I can keep it going. I'm moving and don't have time to swap out the motor with a spare. No trailer etc....
              Last edited by BQUICK; 04-16-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

If water is leaking out places it should not be then you probably will not be able to keep the power head full, so that would be a waste of time
                Last edited by 99yam40; 04-16-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Good point but there is always FLEXSEAL!....just kidding....I think

Comment

the crossover is part of the casting.
                    you have to remove the powerhead to see it.

Comment

That's what I figured...

Just ran it with port stat cover off no water but if I hold finger over pee hole it starts gurgling and spitting water out the stat area. So, I'm thinking even tough water pump seems to be pumping well it may not have enough to get it through the port head.
                      Would port head running hot be a good indicator (in future) of a pump needing replacement? I would put my pressure gauge on that head but the sender passage is blocked solid.

Until I get around to putting a new impeller in is there any harm in running with pee hole blocked?

Comment

Update: put a new water pump in and got 100 yards further till overheat at 4000.

Found the problem. Rodbolt was basically correct in that it water/exhaust leak at crossover but it's at the lower back part of the block not tiller area.
                        So....calling my cousin JB over to weld the hole closed. That may gain enough pressure to fill the port head. If not I will try a line across the tstat housing.

Go ahead rag on me but I'm not giving up.....

Comment

the tstats are on the discharge side of the water flow.
                          you wont be able to cross them.

Comment

Any other ideas? T off pressure relief?

Comment

Why not remove powerhead and see what's going on with the tube?

Comment

put your spare motor on
                                then play with the one with a problem

Comment

Working...
                                X