No announcement yet.

2016 F115 Stalling under load at power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a few trips back and forth to the boat ramp. I tried a few different things. I think I finally narrowed this issue down to the tank vent system. I bypassed the EPA mandated vent system and went with an old school simple vent/breather. The boat now runs like it should. Either I have a clogged vent valve in the tank or could be low spot in the vent hose full of fuel or god knows what. Unfortunately Tidewater gave very minimal access to the fuel tank and its components most of which are unreachable with the console on the boat. I'm not taking the console off any time soon. These boat ran great for many years with a basic breather system and now the EPA want to complicate things. I think I'll run the season like it is and then take in after the weather turns south this fall.

Comment

Give that air vent a good jolt of 100 psi air

Comment

I gave that a try this morning before I took it out and just tried again. When blasting air from the vent in the filler cap it doesn't reach the tank. I could verify that with my new temp vent hose. When trying to blow air into the new vent hose it vented through the filler cap vent for a second then stopped. I could see the whole fuel tank starting to exspand after that. No good. I tried blowing air into the fuel fill hose. The new vent worked great. No air from the factory vent. Got to love emissions equipment.

Comment

At least you didn't have to go tearing into your brand new Engine...

Comment

Working...
          X