Help..No Electrical Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help..No Electrical Power

I just completed a major rebuild of my F225 TXR powerhead and heads. Reinstalled everything, connected all electrical connectors and wires, but have no power to ignition or even power trim. Batteries good, power to where they connect to engine.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Fuses? Power issue between battery and engine.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      Fuses? Power issue between battery and engine.
      All fuses, batteries etc. good. Since I didn't disassemble the motor (a local shop did), I did not see or mark the various connectors that had to be disconnected to remove the powerhead. I've tried the wiring diagram, but the colors don't seem to coordinate with what I've got. The fuel pump initiates, the engine cranks, but looks like I don't have fuel or spark to the cylinders.

Could having a couple of connectors mixed up allow the pump to run, but not provide spark or fuel to the cylinders?

By the way, I did find a loose connector that fixed the NO power issue.
      Last edited by Stevec471; 04-15-2017, 12:11 PM. Reason: Left out important detail

Comment

I would check for 12v on the ign coil primaries and the yellow/red leads for the injectors.

Comment

I just confirmed that it's quite possible that I'm not qualified for such a project...I just realized the motor definitely will NOT start if I don't connect the kill switch lanyard! Running like a top now though!

Sincerely,

NOT the sharpest tool in the shed!

PS: Thanks for the advice.

Comment

dang I guess we need to start asking everyone about the kill switch again

Comment

Originally posted by Stevec471 View Post
              I just confirmed that it's quite possible that I'm not qualified for such a project...I just realized the motor definitely will NOT start if I don't connect the kill switch lanyard! Running like a top now though!

Sincerely,

NOT the sharpest tool in the shed!

PS: Thanks for the advice.
              Sweet!

Sht happens

Comment

The fuel pump initiates, the engine cranks, but looks like I don't have fuel or spark to the cylinders.
                just realized the motor definitely will NOT start if I don't connect the kill switch lanyard! Running like a top now though!
                glad its running - but it "sounds like" your warning horn does not work -

should have blared loudly as soon as you cranked with the kill switch pulled

Comment

No power to the ignition or trim indicates to me that the motor should have never cranked. In which case the horn would not sound.

It is perplexing to me that simply installing the kill switch makes it all right.

Comment

I think you missed some reading

"By the way, I did find a loose connector that fixed the NO power issue"

Comment

Working...
                    X