Oil Pressure Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure Issue

I have a Yamaha F40B 2003 model 4-Stroke motor. Recently when cruising an alarm sounded and the motor shutdown. After checking for any intake issues I started it again and slowly picked up revs and same problem. I ran through checks such as oil levels and fuel plus pickup issues and everything seemed fine. Oil pressure seemed ok as I checked through the rear fill reservoir and could see oil at the top of the casing. Started the boat again and had no issues with alarms other than the sounder losing power. The tach shows one fixed light and one blinking. The fixed light is directly above and left of the oil pressure light which a is blinking constantly. The engine temperature light is not on at all. Any ideas? Clearly I need to take it in and get the oil pressure checked but is this the problem? Of course it happens when it is 0 knots all weekend!

Originally posted by RoycePalmer View Post
    I have a Yamaha F40B 2003 model 4-Stroke motor. Recently when cruising an alarm sounded and the motor shutdown. After checking for any intake issues I started it again and slowly picked up revs and same problem. I ran through checks such as oil levels and fuel plus pickup issues and everything seemed fine. Oil pressure seemed ok as I checked through the rear fill reservoir and could see oil at the top of the casing. Started the boat again and had no issues with alarms other than the sounder losing power. The tach shows one fixed light and one blinking. The fixed light is directly above and left of the oil pressure light which a is blinking constantly. The engine temperature light is not on at all. Any ideas? Clearly I need to take it in and get the oil pressure checked but is this the problem? Of course it happens when it is 0 knots all weekend!
    how does looking at level make pressure look OK?

Oil pressure needs to be monitored to see if it gets out of range

Comment

Oil Pressure

Purely that the motor is running fine with no obvious signs of low oil pressure other than the blinking tachometer. No shakes etc.. what threw me was the sounder not working. That made me initially think there was a battery issue and I read low voltage can throw alarms out... But you are right, maybe the pressure is minimal? Or is it a faulty sensor?

Comment

some motors can alarm when pressure is too high or too low for the RPM the motor is running at.
        Just need to measure to see what is going on

Comment

Working...
        X