Great forum/statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great forum/statistics

Thank to all who make this forum the best on the net IMO. Not only is there quality to the answers there is a lot of involvement amongst the troops.

I looked at the other forums here and this is what I see:

Yamaha = 2364 pages
    Mercury = 255 pages
    Suzuki = 260 pages
    Johnson = 148 pages
    Evinrude = 148 pages
    Honda = 217 pages

Does that mean we Yamaha guys are long winded or just like to post stuff?

Comment

Well I read on THT that Yamaha motors are overpriced, unreliable pieces of junk.
      With that in mind, I guess you would have many more people seeking advice.

How could that not be the case?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal
        Good point.

Keep in mind also that Yamaha "buys transoms".
        I'm fuzzy on exactly what that means -
        but maybe they "buy pages", too!
        never thought about how some boat manufactures become Yamaha put onners.
        I guess someone has to make some kind of deal where someone benefits from it moneywise

Comment

Keep in mind also that Yamaha "buys transoms".
          I'm fuzzy on exactly what that means -

Quote function no workee

It means to them that Yamaha forces boat builders to install Yamaha motors on the boat builders boats. They refuse to accept that said boat builder might very well prefer to be installing Yamaha's.

If I were a boat builder, I might very well want to install and use what 80/90% of the salt water customers prefer. If I sell all of my boats using just one brand, why would I want to go to the time, trouble and money offering multiple brands?

Comment

Fairdeal keeps messin' with my mind.

Comment

All the manufacturers have the dealer incentives. Just business. I might guess that Yamaha incentives would be less due to market share. Perhaps Mercury or Evinrude would pay more. I am guessing....

I have noticed all brands on late model Key West boats. They may be more flexible. Rare to see a Regulator without Yamaha. Rare to see a Boston Whaler without a Mercury.
              Last edited by pstephens46; 04-14-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Fairdeal keeps messin' with my mind.
                sorry!

I'm spending more time at the computer than usual -

supposed to be doing my taxes

but I keep getting distracted - and then feeling remorse...

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                  All the manufacturers have the dealer incentives. Just business. I might guess that Yamaha incentives would be less due to market share. Perhaps Mercury or Evinrude would pay more. I am guessing....

I have noticed all brands on late model Key West boats. They may be more flexible. Rare to see a Regulator without Yamaha. Rare to see a Boston Whaler without a Mercury.
                  It just tears up the non-Yamaha folks that Yamaha outboards are so ubiquitous. And there are lots of them everywhere. They use the excuse that Yamaha's are being forced on the people by the boat builders and that somehow it is all Yams fault. Pity the poor boat maker that is forced to install the most popular brand of salt water motor.

Boston Whaler be owned by Brunswick. Parent of Mercury. Skeeter and G3 are owned by Yamaha. Rare as hens teeth to see other motors on those brands of boats.

Folks be in love with Contender and Regulator boats. Both of those brands use Yam power exclusively. According to THT Yamaha is forcing them to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    It just tears up the non-Yamaha folks that Yamaha outboards are so ubiquitous. And there are lots of them everywhere. They use the excuse that Yamaha's are being forced on the people by the boat builders and that somehow it is all Yams fault. Pity the poor boat maker that is forced to install the most popular brand of salt water motor.

Boston Whaler be owned by Brunswick. Parent of Mercury. Skeeter and G3 are owned by Yamaha. Rare as hens teeth to see other motors on those brands of boats.

Folks be in love with Contender and Regulator boats. Both of those brands use Yam power exclusively. According to THT Yamaha is forcing them to do so.
                    I see what you did there....

Comment

I guess it could mean they break down more often, thus increasing numbers of people asking for help?

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                        I guess it could mean they break down more often, thus increasing numbers of people asking for help?
                        According to THT you would be correct.

Anybody want to buy an F150? I'm gonna get a verado.

Comment

Verado???
                          are ya nuts???
                          myself, I am going with the ultra reliable Opti-max.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                            Verado???
                            are ya nuts???
                            myself, I am going with the ultra reliable Opti-max.
                            Seems all the good Force brand motors have been scooped up.

Comment

Working...
                            X