Yamaha 25 carburetor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 25 carburetor problem

Good morning from Europe and thank you for admiting me at this nice Yamaha outboards forum.

My problem:

I own a 25 hp 1981 model that has been parked for 9 years, when it was stoped by me, at that time it worked perfectly but few days ago, trying to prepare it for service again i was surprised with malfunction: The engine starts perfectly but stalls in few seconds rising revs before it stops and generating lot of smoke. It seems that the mixture air/fuel is over enriched for an obstucted jet. Ive clened the main jet but, even i am used to two strokes carbs, cant find the second jet. Its equiped with a single carburetor teikei.

Thnk you for the answers. Best regards.

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Captura de pantalla (269).jpg

Rev's rising indicates it's running out of fuel (as it then stalls)

Did you pull the float bowl off and check inside there?
    That jet is likely under there, generally close to the main jet..

The US website for parts doesn't go back that far and that last pic is too small to help.

If you can post a larger pic AND what # part goes to what would help.
    Photobucket maybe?

BTW, is the primer bulb staying hard, or can you pump it to keep it running?
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-11-2017, 07:42 AM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The parts blow out image is fuzzy so I can't be certain. It looks like #39 is the pilot jet, #34 being the plug the jet is under.

Try squeezing the primer bulb as scott suggested below. If this keeps the engine running, safe to say the issue is fuel delivery (fuel pump).

Super clean engine for a '81, or for any year engine really.
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
      X