2002 Yamaha 200 hp tilt issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Yamaha 200 hp tilt issue

My Yamaha 200 hp SX200TXRA tilt and trim is working only on "up" mode, I switched wires on relay and only then will it go down, so the relay doesn't appear to be the issue. It does "click" on the other direction using both the main control and the switch on engine, just doesn't work. I have cleaned all grounds and fuse is not issue. Suggestions?

As explained, it's sounds like the relay is indeed bad...

Seems like the contacts inside the relay (for the one direction) is crapped up, current isn't flowing..

You swapped wires, to use the other good contacts, it works...

*The clicking is the "internal coil" moving the contact plate as it should, however, no power passes thru the very likely burnt/arced up contacts..
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-09-2017, 04:34 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

When the blue lead is connected to the positive battery post and the green lead is connected to the negative battery post and the motor trims up, and when the green is connected to the positive battery post and the blue lead is connected to the negative post and the motor trims down, that is telling you that the power tilt mechanism itself is working correctly.

If all three trim and tilt switches are doing the exact same thing, I am betting that the relay assembly is kaput. Some have opened it up and made a field repair if you will. Not sure how it holds up in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

If all three trim and tilt switches are doing the exact same thing, I am betting that the relay assembly is kaput. .
        What third switch???

Engine, console and ?
        Scott

Comment

Bet it is a bass boat with a third switch up on the bow of the boat.

Comment

From his first post, he mentioned just two switches:

"main control and the switch on engine"..
            Scott

Comment

I must be going blind. I could swear (I do swear) that in the original post the OP talked about three switches.

Comment

Swearing isn't good...

I caught ya before 99Yam did!!! He's always nabbing me...
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                  Swearing isn't good...

I caught ya before 99Yam did!!! He's always nabbing me...
                  That is referred to as picking fly shit out of the pepper. But it can be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    That is referred to as picking fly shit out of the pepper. But it can be fun.
                    Heck, I KNOW he enjoys it... He's really hard to catch....

And CS, fluid would have nothing to do with no electrical power in ONLY one direction...
                    Scott

Comment

Heck if I let you all get away with too much, this place would go down hill fast

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                        Heck if I let you all get away with too much, this place would go down hill fast
                        Heck, we're pretty much at the bottom of the hill NOW!
                        Scott

Comment

Just resolved this issue on mine. Positive leads were working correctly on the relay, but relay ground terminal was intermittent. New relay fixed it. Is it a 4 wire ?

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                            Heck, we're pretty much at the bottom of the hill NOW!
                            you aint been to TOS, as Bosaco calls it , in awhile have you?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                              you aint been to TOS, as Bosaco calls it , in awhile have you?
                              ONLY, when you guys refer there for something specific.

I keep away from sites known for BS being published.

It does me no good (maybe a laugh), but no, I avoid it.

This site, (besides the de-rails), is the most knowledgeable, which is why I'm here...
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X