Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F250TXRD Anodes and T Stats

Success!!!!

Changed the anodes and the T stats on the F-twofiddy. Pretty straight forward, once I removed the cowl, top cover, side covers, rear cover, spark plug thingys (not the spark plugs but the black things that connect to the plugs), a couple of fuel lines etc. Really not that bad at all. Replaced the 4 anodes by the spark plugs and the two anodes in the T stat covers.

The anodes were pretty nasty and the t-stats were worse. Glad I got to it.

BTW used the parts from this web site, order was on time and correct.

Next job is to replace the impeller.

Regards RangerBill

sometimes things go well.
    glad to hear you had no problems

Comment

I just did on my F150 what you just did. A bit easier to get to but very straight forward.

I found about the same as yours, the lowest (in the head) anode was the worst.
      The top most, by the thermostat not nearly as bad and could have been re-used but I was already there and just replaced them all.

You may want to look at your Pressure Control Valve for water pressure. Mine was good but I already bought the new grommet and replaced that..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks Scott,

Will look into the pressure control valve.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
          You may want to look at your Pressure Control Valve for water pressure.
          A good idea to inspect it; but no "user serviceable parts"

And considerably more interesting to "get at it" on the F250TXRD than an inline 4 cyl

Comment

Just getting ready to do this job. I have all the parts. The anodes look simple enough, but the T-Stat on the port side of the engine looks like I'll need to move something...the throttle position sensor? Dunno. Will review the usual vids and sites. Feel free to offer suggestions.

I figure that since the injectors are out, I might as well do it all at once.

Comment

TPS is on the starboard side - you don't have to remove IT, but you do need to remove its inner mounting screw to get the FI hose out of the way to get to one of the thermo cover bolts.

I actually drilled a hole in the plastic "raceway" that holds the hoses/wiring so that I had a straight shot down with a #3 Phillips.

Then you'll be turning that right thermo bolt one flat at a time
              until its loose enough to use a fingertip (only one finger will fit)

the port side cover is actually much easier - you just remove the entire IAC housing

here's a step by step:

Thermostat Replacement

Comment

MANY THANKS for the tip / link!

I'm out of the country this week and I'm anxious to get this mother bolted back together and up on plane. My injectors should be waiting on my stoop. I'm ready to point this mother E and go for a LONG ride. Its almost tuna-time.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                  A good idea to inspect it; but no "user serviceable parts"

And considerably more interesting to "get at it" on the F250TXRD than an inline 4 cyl
                  Well, kinda yes, there are.

The grommet (mine was ok but replaced as I already ordered a new one) , the spring (really just needs cleaning), the "new and improved actual valve" which I bought and DID NOT USE, (per RB as the new ones wear and the original last indefinitely).

I might add, before I changed anodes, (and everything else), I FIRST checked that PCV.

The PCV cover was by far the worst with crap on the spring some on the valve, etc. All components were original (11 years old), used in salt water, engine flushed religiously both cold and on muffs running.

So, you may not need to "replace" anything (I did replace the gasket as well-cheap enough), checking and cleaning is necessary unless used ONLY in fresh water. Salt water DOES apparently collect under the valve, EVEN flushing..

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-05-2017, 11:17 AM.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                    Well, kinda yes, there are.
                    I apologize, Scott, I meant to express, that unlike the inline 4s,

the valve on the 3.3 ltr V-6 F200-250 is a single one piece device

Comment

Fairdeal,

I'm the OP and have looked and can't find the pressure control valve on my F250TXRD. Can you tell me where it is located? I looked at the parts breakdown, but I still can't find it on my motor. What should I be looking for?

Thanks Ranger Bill

Comment

I think I found it. It is behind the rear section mid cowling.

Ranger Bill

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                          I apologize, Scott, I meant to express, that unlike the inline 4s,

the valve on the 3.3 ltr V-6 F200-250 is a single one piece device
                          Oh, ok, makes sense!

Kinda figured Yamaha would use a similar device on many engines. I should have known better. Their that same color, that's a given..

https://vid.me/JvKQ

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-05-2017, 04:44 PM.
                          Scott

Comment

Just got the pressure relief valve (AKA poppit valve) out of the motor. Checked it and was hard to push in first time. I'm thinking it was stuck. Anyway ordered a new one and will replace it. Also cleaned the pressure valve located where the hose leaves the motor and goes to the pressure gauge on the dash. It was nasty too.

Regards Ranger Bill

Comment

Working...
                            X