No announcement yet.

overheat alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just did 2 -6 mile runs and checked temps as follows with heat gun : Thermostat - 135 , Top of head - 166 . Bottom of head - 129 , oil filter-194. going back out tomorrow afternoon and check the exhaust cover where there is an anode , will probably check cam cover as well. No alarms

Comment

Alrighty then.

Took my 2005 F150 out today. With laptop.

Ran it hard. WOT for five minutes. YDS reported 198 degrees.
      No temp gun available. No alarms. Never have had an alarm.

Very difficult work. Passengers bitching. "Why is the engine so loud? "Why does it sound like that?" "Is there something wrong?" " Why is he taking the lid off?" Shut up and hang on! This is a science project.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptSolo
        Just what the world needs. Another Jim Carey.
        Jim Carey is great!

Comment

And I did resist an almost overpowering urge to video my boat wake....

Comment

I guess we all need to video our boats every time we run them and post those videos everywhere.

Picked up 3 keeper reds today.
            1st ones in awhile.
            weather and wind finally was great lost 2, one due to broken line and another straightened the jig hook.
            must have seen 8 or so pods running down the shore lines, one on the big flat with birds working over them

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              I guess we all need to video our boats every time we run them and post those videos everywhere.

Picked up 3 keeper reds today.
              1st ones in awhile.
              weather and wind finally was great lost 2, one due to broken line and another straightened the jig hook.
              must have seen 8 or so pods running down the shore lines, one on the big flat with birds working over them
              Nice. Maybe you told me, most likely I forgot...

What is the keeper slot down there?

14-23 inches here.

Comment

20" to 28"
                3 per day ,
                you can keep one oversized and tag it, but the smaller ones eat better so I never keep any over

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  20" to 28"
                  3 per day ,
                  you can keep one oversized and tag it, but the smaller ones eat better so I never keep any over
                  Agree on the smaller ones.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptSolo
                    I've added these videos to my boat maintenance log too. Any objections?
                    Please include this one. My favorite by far.

Wait for it....

https://vid.me/3MUt

Comment

pstephens , I've not had any alarms the last few runs I've taken. My concern is with the 213 degree temp at the engine temp sensor more than anything else. Going out again tomorrow with a buddy and a heat gun. Going to run w/o cowling and YDS hooked up , then cowling on with no YDS and check temps again. There have never been any overheat codes stored in the YDS. Thanks again for doing the run , and yes , it sure is loud !

Comment

I'll have to say 1 thing, seems like Solo is the only 1 on here giving actual boat running info, and beating the snot out of it as well... Appears the rest of the regulars are key board commandos, got plenty to say, but don't have the running experience Solo has. Solo....my kind of actor.... beat it...break it... fix it. and report back.. with what happened..

Comment

Originally posted by gsdanno1 View Post
                          pstephens , I've not had any alarms the last few runs I've taken. My concern is with the 213 degree temp at the engine temp sensor more than anything else. Going out again tomorrow with a buddy and a heat gun. Going to run w/o cowling and YDS hooked up , then cowling on with no YDS and check temps again. There have never been any overheat codes stored in the YDS. Thanks again for doing the run , and yes , it sure is loud !
                          To be honest, I had no idea that I would hit nearly 200 degrees. If the thermosensor triggers at 266, we should be comfortable with it. But if I had measured it w/o knowing yours I would have been concerned too. Maybe Scott would up for a confirmation run? Otherwise, as the fools say, run it like you stole it!

Comment

I would think that big cowl gasket would pad the wire enough to not harm it.

I did get a good bit of overwash in engine pan when coming off plane. I hosed it pretty well when we got back.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300
                              I have a lazer temp gun but I'd pay more attention to the actual water temps registering on the YDS...

I may be going out this up coming week and can certainly get a reading at 4,000 RPM.

I prefer not to run with the hood off, any issues with the UBS cord coming out (pinching) below the front of the hood? (not snapped down)

It'd be more accurate with the hood as well.
                              I would leave enough slack to run wire over gasket and close both latches.
                              Cowlings are expensive and don't float so well.

Laptop would have blown out too if wasn't holding on to it.
                              Last edited by pstephens46; 04-16-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

going to make another run either this afternoon or tomorrow , I'll post results , but I don't think it will change from the 216 that was on the YDS last week. When I changed the internal zincs , the water jackets looked great , no corrosion , same at the thermostat , and the pressure valve. The only thing I can think of is that there may have been a piece of one of the zincs that dislodged and is stuck somewhere in the head, but heat gun temps did not indicate that

Comment

Working...
                                X