Water pump change out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump change out

Do I have to change out the housing and everything with the impeller change I want to do with my yamaha 115 4 stroke? or can I just change out the impeller it self and the gasket seals? it has not been changed in 3 years but we flush out our engine immediately after each event thoroughly and its still has a strong running stream. if so can someone give me a part number for the impeller and seals so I can purchase them on Amazon. also want to change the oil is it better to get the kit off of amazon they run about $50. includes the oil and filter and gaskets or individually? and whats the best plugs to put in? thanks

the best spark plugs:

personally, I like to use the one on the label on the outside of the cowling, like this:

or the one that Yamaha puts inside the cowling:

of course, these are from my engine - you may want to check the labels on your engine.

Comment

Buy the water pump kit, it will have the wear plate and cup also
      I do not think it contains the housing, but you need to inspect the plastic housing to see if there is any sign of melting and the need to replace.
      buy from this web site, they sell a very good prices
      click on the red purchase Yamaha parts at the top of page to find all of the parts for your model motor

Comment

Plus 1 ^^^.

I just bought a WP kit for my F150 from here. You likely won't find it in the parts fisch, I had to call and got EVERYTHING I needed. Oil change kit as well. I didn't order plugs (already replaced) but I'd just order them here while ordering (prefer OEM parts myself)..

Very knowledgeable folks, good prices too.

Under the wear plate are seals for the drive shaft. Look at the top seal at least and make sure the SMALL round stainless steel tension spring is still there..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
          X