Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil transfer problem

Please help me out again!
    I have a 90 yama 130hp. The oil res. on the engine does not fill from the tank on the boat. A couple of weeks ago the buzzer came on with approx 1/4 tank if oil (on the boat) still remaining. I filled it and it stopped. This week it came on with 1/3 still remaining. The engine tank was down to the lower level mark. I filled the large tank and then used the switch to fill the small engine tank before starting the boat. The buzzer stopped. On my way back from the reef near the end of the ride the buzzer started again and the limiter kicked in. As soon as I got into the clear I was able to check the tank on the motor and it was at the lower level mark (thus the alarm).
    I have no oil transferring to the engine tank. Full tank in the boat. The switch on the motor works to fill the tank but it does not fill automatically. When the warning comes on all three oil lights flash and light and the limiter and buzzer kick in in stages. I bled the pump. All the electrical plugs are plugged in. The float in the engine tank slides up and down, as it should. The yellow signal does not come on before they all light up so I assume the float works in the larger tank. The pump must work also since it works with the switch. That leaves the engine tank float switch and the dreaded "black box" or Oil Control Module. I am a poor man and do not want to replace the Module on this old motor unless I have to. Are their any further tests I can do to check?
    I want to thank you for your help in the past. I have the Clymers manual but it is not enough. Without your site It would have taken forever to narrow it down this far. Also the Boats.com parts are a bargain and they ship quickly. I just installed a new Lower leg from your parts dept.
Working...
X