yamaha guages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha guages

Greetings everyone-newbie here. Just purchased a 2003 Grady with a single Yamaha f225. The speedometer gauge is not reading. There is no display at all. I have read about cleaning the pitot hole on the lower end of the outboard which I have yet to do. However in those cases it appears that the gauge was reading "0". Does this sound like I need a new gauge or is there another fix? The other readouts (tach, trim, hour, etc) work fine. Thank you for any help provided.

Originally posted by bumpye2654 View Post
    Greetings everyone-newbie here. Just purchased a 2003 Grady with a single Yamaha f225. The speedometer gauge is not reading. There is no display at all. I have read about cleaning the pitot hole on the lower end of the outboard which I have yet to do. However in those cases it appears that the gauge was reading "0". Does this sound like I need a new gauge or is there another fix? The other readouts (tach, trim, hour, etc) work fine. Thank you for any help provided.

What it should look like (not moving-no pressure-key on):
    (battery charger on currently)

Once you get power to it(or functioning), here's a thread for keeping it clear:

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...g-th23159.html

The electrical giro's would probably like to see a pic of your gauge to help sort getting your issue resolved..

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-29-2017, 07:26 AM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thank you for the reply Townsends! I do have power as the other displays are visible-battery, tach, etc. Perhaps it is just a plugged pitot tube/hose. Interesting procedure using the garden hose. Can't wait to try it out...waiting for warmer weather!

Comment

Yepper. You should have the MPH showing as well as the "dash".

Just an FYI, when I hook up my lil compressor (in the console) to blow out all the water in the lines (out the LU pitot opening), the speedometer will read about 17 MPH from back pressure. I might get 1/3 a cup of water still in the lines..

Since doing this set up, the gauge, after 10 years, still shows as low as 4 MPH (normal and the lowest it'll show)
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X