Mix Oil running out of air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix Oil running out of air intake

I have a 1986 Pro v 150 that occasionally drips large quanttites of mix oil out of the air intakes. I had a problem with the oil sensor switch and replaced it. Seems to work fine now but sometime after engine has been running fine it starts blowing blue smoke and dripping oil. thanks.

what you have is overfilling of the main tank on engine,which drains/overflows into air box...probably the oil control unit has gone bad.

Comment

The oil level in the tank on the motor is never above the full mark. When it did that before it actually pushed the sensor right out of the tank. that is not happening now. After I clean everything out, it will run fine for a couple of days. i thought it might be happening as a result of trimming the motor out but couldn't duplicate it.

Comment

if you store with motor trimmed, check the oil lever there as the vent/overfill drain is at the top and could gravity drain to airbox.keep in mind, the control unit may not overfill constantly, but intermittently and with use will lower the main tank level.
        Ive have the same motor, `89 for like 13 yrs,STILL runs like a bear, still have the same issue with overfill/leakage into airbox,lower cowl....luckily no major issues, only many many carb cleans.my tech replaced the control unit with a USED one but still has occasiona overfills.

Comment

Working...
        X