grease nipple on prop shaft carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grease nipple on prop shaft carrier

2001 sx 250 tx...........gear lube should get everywhere ....right ?

Not sure what you are asking?

Comment

If you can get that nipple to take any grease atall you will be doing better than most.

Comment

What nipple? Solo was looking for one awhile back? Maybe he thought he had this engine...

Comment

Maybe color coded Boscoe?
          Pink? Dark? Large, Small?

Please post a pic...

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            What nipple? Solo was looking for one awhile back? Maybe he thought he had this engine...
            The title of his post is about the propeller bearing carrier grease nipple. I assume (yes I know) that he is asking about greasing the thing. But if so, then why is gear lube mentioned. Gear lube and grease are different cproducts.

We do so much with so little that we can damn near do everything with nothing. Just maybe not right.

Ready, fire, aim.

Just because I am confused does not mean that I cannot respond and contribute further to the confusing conversation.

Comment

Damn! Look at that! Wonder what color it is?

I did find two on my F150 shifter linkage that I did not know existed....

Learned something today. Time to go to bed.

Comment

I mentioned gear lube because, if the prop shaft bearing are being lubed in 90 wt. why the need for grease. Grease doesn't want to flow, so can I assume no big deal ?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Just because I am confused does not mean that I cannot respond and contribute further to the confusing conversation.
                  "Hey, I resemble that remark"...

seems that grease fitting is a very good example of "a Yamaha is not a Yamaha"

If I ever manage to remove the bearing housing, I may get an understanding of what it is "supposed to do"

maybe make it easier to pull the bearing housing? it didn't work, then...

mine has never accepted a drop of grease

Comment

Looking at the pics, seems the grease would come out between the oring and flange.
                    maybe to keep the water out and corrosion down in that area.

Just a thought

Comment

Working...
                    X