F40 tlrd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40 tlrd

I need help, very frustrated. I have an 06 yamaha F40TLRD. It has intermittent starting issues. In the last month, I have replaced oil filter, fuel filters, fuel pump, water pump, carbuerators completely rebuilt, spark plugs changed, fuel water separator unit and filter, brand new deep cycle marine batteries.
    My problem is it seems after I have run engine for a couple of miles to the flats, turn off motor, fish a little while and then try to crank engine it will not start, it turns over fine, no clicking noise at all. The only way it will crank is if I use warm up lever engaged all the way run for a few minutes and then sometimes when I disengage warm up lever it will idle and I can put in gear and it will run fine to next location, other times it will attempt to stall and I have to throttle up and it will stay cranked and I am able to move to next spot. Then at next destination turn off motor and then try to restart- sometimes it will, other times same asmall before. About to pull my hair out trying to figure this out. I know there has to be a mechanic who has encountered this issue and found a solution.i live in Lake City, FL and if you know of a reputable mechanic near me that can solve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Bruce Staten

I have seen a very similar situation with my neighbor's boat a few years ago and the problem originated in a vapor lock from the fuel tank not allowing fuel to flow. Try to start with the fuel cap off. If that don't work, unscrew your 10 micron if you have one and pump fuel bulb back up. Hope this helps.

Comment

Check fuel cooler for proper water flow

Comment

Hey Bruce, I forgot to mention the method my neighbor used to get his motor started when he had this problem.
        He dumped all the fuel is his 10 micron and re primed the fuel system and it started evertime.

Joe

Comment

Working...
        X