X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look to see if air temp reading matches what air temp is
    is that hard to understand

Comment

Can't believe it would be this simple... he said he adjusted the idle speed and is running fine now. I'll pick up later this week. Does this sound right?

Comment

Originally posted by gradytampa View Post
        Can't believe it would be this simple... he said he adjusted the idle speed and is running fine now. I'll pick up later this week. Does this sound right?
        Do you know what specifically he adjusted?

The ECU, ICS and other sensors, when working properly set the idle speed.

It's NOT like an old carb where you simply turn the throttle / butterfly screw in or out..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

He said there was a screw on the top of engine that was in to far Letting too much air in and not allowing something in intake to close all the way.He said he also adjusted the isc settings to get the voltage within range. He gave me a printout with the voltages. He put the oem isc back in and now I have a spare.

Comment

I call B S

there is no screw for adjusting air on the top of the motor.
            there is NO voltage spec for the ISC other than it has a 12V power supply.

there was 2 safety bullitens on the throttle linkage that caused a high idle.
            was YOUR engine ever done??????????

I would love to see the complete YDS print out with the engine idling.

you do have 6 individual throttle shutters that can only be syncd with a manometer.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              I call B S

there is no screw for adjusting air on the top of the motor.
              there is NO voltage spec for the ISC other than it has a 12V power supply.

there was 2 safety bullitens on the throttle linkage that caused a high idle.
              was YOUR engine ever done??????????

I would love to see the complete YDS print out with the engine idling.

you do have 6 individual throttle shutters that can only be syncd with a manometer.
              I wonder if one shutter was way out of sync (open), NOT closing fully with the rest.. It'd have to be out alot to raise the idle that much...
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

the way the shutters are connected if you held one open you would hold the other two.
                like I said, a screen shot of YDS would be interesting.

Comment

https://ibb.co/iaFLLk

Comment

https://ibb.co/ds5bt5

Comment

He had told me that the voltage needed to be adjusted so that it is between .5-.8 volts. The RPM is where it should be now, so I'm a happy man!!

Comment

screen shot looks good.
                        notice that the ONLY thing the ISC ECU says is the % of request.
                        like I said there is NO voltage adjustments or specs for the ISC.
                        the ECU does not monitor it at all.
                        glad it works, sorry you got smoke blown up your.

Comment

I'll still use a master tech from here on out , best $100 spent.

Comment

Working...
                          X