OX66 Vmax Stalling and restart issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 Vmax Stalling and restart issues

I have 2003 200HP OX66 VMAX EFI VX200TLRB that is stalling and won't start for a while.

It starts at the ramp every time. Idles out of the marina and will run at speed. After I stop for a while, it will usually restart then shut off after a minute or two, still at an idle. At this point it usually won't start. The starter engages it just won't fire. It can take anywhere from 5 to 45+ before it will fire again. To confuse matters, it will sometimes shut down at speed. When it does this it refires immediately sometimes not.

I tested the red and blue wires on the VST when it is running fine12-13v on the Red.
    Less than .5 for 3 seconds then 12v. Once the engine fires I get a constant .26 at idle, .3+ at higher RPMs.
    *As of yet I have not been able to get readings at failure yet. I will try again this Sat.

I tested the HP Fuel Pump resistor. It seemed to be in spec. I did get minor fluctuation but that could be rounding, meter, or how well I held the leads. I am going to find an analog tester and retest.

1. I cleaned and checked the VST tank and filter
    2. Changed the filter on external canister
    3. I have replaced the low pressure fuel pumps
    4. Cleaned the 02 sensor
    5. I tested fuel pressure above the VST and it is a steady 35 pounds
    6. Don't remember if I changed spark plugs or not. But I think I have, anyway I will have someone more knowledgeable than me take a look at them
    Besides testing the red and blue wires at failure, what other things can I do look for Saturday? Could it be the kill switch or ignition switch cutting out? Spark plugs, main relay, etc?
    Thanks in advance.
Working...
X