Flooded charger 50hp Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooded charger 50hp Yamaha

Help appreciated. Last March North Louisiana experienced a historic flood. With all the other things I was trying to save I forgot my battery charger was connected to the cranking battery on my Yamaha 50hp. I flipped the light switch at my shop that turned the lights and also the charger. The chrager was in the hull and was completely flooded. When I finally realized what had happened the battery had melted the plastic container. The boat motor did run for a short period although roughly. Now the best I can get is a short weak turn over. Did the charger fry the power pack or is it worse than that? Thanks again

I would put a good battery in and try again.

If you did that already and it fires a little but does not run, then i would test spark and timing along with cleaning the fuel system and testing that

Comment

I would have thunk the charger would have simply shorted and died but apparently not.

Plus one re replace the battery, then check the charging voltage with a meter.
      You should see roughly 13.5-14 volts with the engine running..

Make sure all your connections are super clean, tight, etc..

A bad battery (yours IS bad with all that heat generated) can cause all kinds of weird issues.

Basic's first.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X