F225 Exhaust Corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Exhaust Corrosion

I need to order parts to replace my corroded exhaust midsection and am having trouble identifying the correct parts for my model. My serial number is 69JX1024429 and the date stamp is 2005. Can someone point me in the correct direction

can you give a complete model # of motor and complete date of manufacture?
    if the date in the last part of year 2005, it probably is a 2006.
    if early then it is a 2005.
    But the model will tell a story also

Comment

Manufactured date is 09/05.

MAR-EXHKT-04-00 EXH KIT F200-250 04

Comment

Originally posted by CaptSolo
        I ordered THREE EXHAUST STACKS FROM SIMYamaha UP NORTH FOR THREE F225S. Email Andy and he can get you what you need.

Here's my boat after the stack job in January 2017. I had three oil pump kits with Speedy sleeves put on these 2005 F225s as well.

This was bring the boat home after three days out of the water; https://vid.me/WvhD
        Capt - It is not good form or taste to come to boats.net's website and then refer a potential customer to a different dealer.

Have you no shame? Have you left no sense of decency?

Comment

if one knew only that there was "such a thing as" a F225 mid-section kit -

how would one find it on the boats.net website?

or on Yamaha v5.0.1 ?

Comment

There is this newfangled device known as a search engine.

Or as my wife's directs me "googleit".

Ever heard of Barney Google?

Last edited by boscoe99; 03-20-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              There is this newfangled device known as a search engine.

Or as my wife's directs me "googleit".
              haha yes of course -
              and that will get me to Mr. Munao's site where I can see that there are two, and decide which I would need based on model year

but I meant if I wanted to "look it up" - on boats.net - or by PID - on the "official" Yamaha site

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                haha yes of course -
                and that will get me to Mr. Munao's site where I can see that there are two, and decide which I would need based on model year

but I meant if I wanted to "look it up" - on boats.net - or by PID - on the "official" Yamaha site
                Sad isn't it? I tried to search the boats.net site and got so many corrosion hits I could not make sense of it all. I don't think the Yamaha consumer website even has a search function.

Yamaha however has a vested in interest in keeping folks from knowing about the corrosion issue. They failed miserably at managing and addressing the problem. Would have been better if they simply said we know there is a problem and are doing what we can. Most can understand that. Yamaha however suggested that customer flush more. Even knowing that flushing can't do squat for certain parts of the exhaust system. A lesson learned for them, I would hope.

Comment

Capt - It is not good form or taste to come to boats.net's website and then refer a potential customer to a different dealer.

Have you no shame? Have you left no sense of decency?
                  Not the first time either.......

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought, but wanted confirmation.

Comment

F225 Exhaust

Manufactured date is 09/05.

MAR-EXHKT-04-00 EXH KIT F200-250 04
                      More information. Pulled the power head and the corrosion does not look bad at all. A lot of white deposits, but mostly come off with very light brushing - VERY little pitting - definitely nothing like all the horrible pics everyone is posting.

Question: How do I decide if it's bad enough to spend another thousand bucks on the midsection parts? It is entirely possible that the previous owner already replaced them.

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Can you post some pic's of what's in question?

I don't now what's included in the kit but you got the hard part done.

From another forum but a guy pulled his powerhead (sounds like the same condition as yours):
                        http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...rrosion-4.html
                        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-20-2017, 07:25 PM.
                        Scott
                        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Stevec471;

Brother is you went to the effort to pull the power head to inspect inside I would have to think you are the kind of person who wants things done right. That said, I would just go ahead and spend the money and do the mid sections. That way if you decide to sell it will already be done, if not, you will have the peace of mind for years to come. Done and Done!

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                            Can you post some pic's of what's in question?

I don't now what's included in the kit but you got the hard part done.

From another forum but a guy pulled his powerhead (sounds like the same condition as yours):
                            Do I have the Yamaha Corrosion? - Page 4 - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum
                            I've looked this post - well done. mine looks WAY better. Pics aren't good, but it's really no worse than what you see. Not sure I attached pic correctly - we'll see

IMG_5911 (1).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by CaptSolo
                              If you get an overheat alarm at low RPMs and idle you probably need a stack. Are you getting an alarm?

Labor is as much or more than the parts, and you should do a new oil pump and speedy sleeve.

Unless you are an expert and know what you are looking at, you can't really tell if you need a stack job.

Definitely find out if the previous owner did the exhaust stack. The new ES from Yamaha will last the life of the engine I was told by a Yamaha parts dealer that sells them.
                              No alarms, no apparent overheating - ran very well except at idle. Water in odd cylinders, so I'm doing a minor cleaning/honing of powerhead and rework of heads. Someone else removed heads, so I didn't see gaskets

No contact with previous owner, so no clue if he replaced exhaust or not.

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X