Want to convert 1996 25HP tiller to remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to convert 1996 25HP tiller to remote

Hello guys, wanting to convert my 1996 25MSHU outboard from tiller to remote. I am getting conflicting reports as to which kit I require. Either the 6J8-48501-03-4D ATTACHMENT ASSY or the 6L2-48501-11-00 REMOTE ATT.KIT 25D. I am only looking to have remote steer, shift lever, throttle control. Do not require starting, choke, or kill switch capabilities. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

See page 5-12. Ignore the wire harness part number.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2017/MRP/

You will also need the control box (page 3-18) and control cables of the appropriate length.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe99. Do you know if there is any instructional vid/pic on how to install these parts? Also the 701 or 703? thinking the 701 but not sure of the push to open or pull to open?
      Last edited by outdoorsman; 03-15-2017, 08:11 PM. Reason: another question

Comment

No vids or instructions that I know of. Yamaha assumes for the most part that a trained Yamaha mechanic will be doing the installation. Most mechanics don't bother to open instructions if and when they are available.

You would want the 701 control box since you don't want to be paying for a key switch, kill switch and ten pin harness that you can't use, which are included with the 703 control box.

Push to open type.

Comment

Do you think a aftermarket centre console type could be substituted for the 701? I want to install centre console in the boat?
          Thanks again for your help Boscoe99!

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorsman View Post
            Do you think a aftermarket centre console type could be substituted for the 701? I want to install centre console in the boat?
            Thanks again for your help Boscoe99!
            I am not sure what you mean by "aftermarket centre console type".

To me a center console is more or less a pedestal in the middle of the boat on which gauges, the steering wheel and controls can be mounted. On that pedestal can be mounted a Yamaha 701, 703 or 704 control box. Amongst other types of Yamaha and other engine makers control boxes.

Comment

like this one not sure if its gonna load or not.

Ok it did not. Ok, so top mount, dual control levers.

Comment

Working...
              X