No announcement yet.

Gas Pouring from exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's going again. Replaced the fuel pump, $49. Plug was indeed fouled. Changed all three plugs again just to eliminate that possibility. Took it out and it ran like cheetah on meth. Probably too much motor for this boat.

I cracked open the old fuel pump last night out of curiosity, and neither of the diaphragms were in it. Not even remnants of one. Honestly looks like someone pulled it apart and didn't put it back together right. Oh well.

Comment

good to hear it is fixed.
      will have to talk to the people that had it before to ask who played with the fuel pump

Comment

Originally posted by UberGoober View Post
        Well, it's going again. Replaced the fuel pump, $49. Plug was indeed fouled. Changed all three plugs again just to eliminate that possibility. Took it out and it ran like cheetah on meth. Probably too much motor for this boat.

I cracked open the old fuel pump last night out of curiosity, and neither of the diaphragms were in it. Not even remnants of one. Honestly looks like someone pulled it apart and didn't put it back together right. Oh well.
        Hard to believe it ran at all!

Comment

That's what I said. I'm amazed it ran at all, and actually got on top the water with 2 people.. Running on 2 cylinders with no fuel pressure.

Comment

Glad to hear it's running like a top again!!

Lets see, 2 cylinder instead of 3, that's about 28hp!! Probably less with the excess drag....
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

not sure it did not have any fuel pressure, as that would mean no fuel to all three carbs.

You might have missed something with the inspection

Comment

Working...
              X