Trim Cylinder Piston Dust Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Cylinder Piston Dust Seal

Does any one know if the later 90's Yamaha tilt cylinder piston dust seal fits the early 90's engines? This is for a 150. The parts diagrams for the early 90's engines doesn't show a replacement seal and o-rings for the tilt piston end cap.
    Last edited by Captn Dave; 03-13-2017, 05:40 PM.

The guys that will know, will very likely need YOUR year and EXACT model # as T&T units vary widely.

(Haven't seen a unit here that another seal wouldn't fit from another unit)..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Need a model identity. Need a model identity. Need a model identity.

Is this even for a Yamaha model of some kind?

Why so hard to provide a model? Same at all forums. No one wants to say what model motor they have? Is it top secret information?

Comment

Sickum Boscoe

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Need a model identity. Need a model identity. Need a model identity.

Is this even for a Yamaha model of some kind?

Why so hard to provide a model? Same at all forums. No one wants to say what model motor they have? Is it top secret information?
          I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't a Yamaha. I don't have the model number. There is no ID plate.

Comment

Some folks come here asking about Mercury or Mariner branded motors that were made by Yamaha.

Can you tell us what diagrams you have been looking at?

Here is a link to a 1991 150 trim and tilt unit and it depicts the O ring and the seal for the trim cylinder cap. Items 29 and 30.

1991 P150TLRP Yamaha Outboard POWER TRIM TILT ASSEMBLY Diagram and Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Some folks come here asking about Mercury or Mariner branded motors that were made by Yamaha.

Can you tell us what diagrams you have been looking at?

Here is a link to a 1991 150 trim and tilt unit and it depicts the O ring and the seal for the trim cylinder cap. Items 29 and 30.

1991 P150TLRP Yamaha Outboard POWER TRIM TILT ASSEMBLY Diagram and Parts
              I apologize. It's for the tilt cylinder. I just edited my initial post to reflect that.
              I'm using basically the same diagrams but you'll notice that the dust seal and o-ring isn't listed.
              I'm thinking the later 90's engines, which does show them, could be used.
              I'm also assuming the the piston assembly can be disassembled.

Comment

I cannot find the parts used for the tilt piston. Maybe rodnut will wake up some time today and ring in on this matter.

Comment

everyone can guess all they want, but without a Model # of what you are working on, there is not much can be verified

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    everyone can guess all they want, but without a Model # of what you are working on, there is not much can be verified
                    Take any model number you want for a pre 95 150 HP engine.

Comment

looks like anything from 86 to 96 will work
                      6G5-43810-00-00 YAMAHA PISTON SUB-ASY TLT

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                        looks like anything from 86 to 96 will work
                        6G5-43810-00-00 YAMAHA PISTON SUB-ASY TLT
                        Yup, that's the piston. Now I just need the P/N for the o-ring and dust seal for the cylinder end cap that is shown in the photos.

Comment

Well since they do not show them separately, there is not a part #.

you can try to take yours apart and measure.
                          then buy parts for a newer on and see if they fit

Comment

wiper seal is part of the cap. The 2 o rings in there are
                            6e5-43861-00-00
                            6e5-43862-00-00

Comment

and sometimes you can go to a different year that uses the same unit and find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X