Torque specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque specs

OK F150TXR (and LF150TXR) 2010 & 2008 models. (250 hrs)
    Getting ready to do the VST filter thing for the first time and while waiting for the parts to get here I thought I would go out and go over the procedure while actually viewing the motor in person. Bought the boat new in 2010.
    Used information I got off SIMS of a post off another site as a guide. (you all probably know the post) Seems simple enough.
    First thing I noticed was one of the 10mm bolts that holds on the front intake was missing! Looked below in motor housing to see if it was down there but couldn't see it. So that's one bolt I have to buy...lol
    It doesn't look so hard so all I need to do is find out the torques of the intake bolts for when I reassemble everything. Went to the service manual and could not find them. VST mounting bolts-yes, throttle body mounting bolts-yes, Intake (front or rear) manifold bolts-NOT THERE! (at least that I could find)
    Also noticed in the instructional post they stated 6 12mm bolts that hold on the rear intake (they did put a ? though) but it appears to be only 5.
    I wonder how the one bolt went missing or if the factory just got in a hurry that day?
    Anyway, can anybody tell me those torque specs?
    Thanks

You have an intake and a silencer. Which one are you asking for torque values?

"Standard" torque value on 10mm is 5.8 lb ft
    12 mm is 13 lb ft.

Both parts are plastic, obviously, so be careful not to over torque.

Those little steel bushings like to fall out of the silencer. Usually into the pan.
    Where it is dark and hard to see anything. They sit and wait to jam the shifter. Probably when you are trying to dock next to a 5
    million dollar yacht.
    Last edited by pstephens46; 03-11-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Torque

Yes, sorry, the silencer assy. for the intake (forward) and the intake (rear) ...oh yeah I saw those little sleeves. I will dab some sticky stuff on them before reassembly.
      I will pack the lower case underneath where I am working with a towel just in case.
      Thanks, I wonder why the torques are not listed in the service manual?
      Last edited by Kirk Gibson; 03-11-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Not all fasteners on outboards have torque specs....counting on folks to use a light hand and good judgement to not over/under tighten screws, etc.....I like a 1/4 inch drive socket and one hand on lots of fasteners. If there seems to be a problem with certain fasteners loosening then consider a lock washer or a drop of Locktite on the threads....

Comment

Good call on using the 1/4 ratchet...

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            Those little steel bushings like to fall out of the silencer. Usually into the pan.
            Where it is dark and hard to see anything. They sit and wait to jam the shifter. Probably when you are trying to dock next to a 5
            million dollar yacht.
            haha same here
            Last edited by fairdeal; 03-11-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Lingering, lurking parts are the worst.....

Comment

Those little steel bushings are there so you can't squish the plastic down to nothing.

When you tighten those bolts, your tightening down those sleeves (which put some tension on the plastic)... Good and snug!
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                X