Tachometer for Yamaha f70 Tiller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachometer for Yamaha f70 Tiller

I currently just bought a 2011 Yamaha f70 tiller and want to put an analog tack in it or a multi function gauge in. What parts do I need for either one? Thanks John

You first need to decide what tachometer you want. Then focus on the needed parts.

If you want an analog tachometer or the conventional multi-function tachometer there is one harness needed. If you want the Command Link multi-function tachometer then different parts are needed.

In other words, we need to know where it is in the world that you want to go to before we can suggest what is needed to get there. If you want to walk down the road then a good pair of shoes might be needed. If you want to go to the moon then a good rocket is needed.

Parts can be seen in this catalog.
    http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2017/MRP/

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      You first need to decide what tachometer you want. Then focus on the needed parts.

If you want an analog tachometer or the conventional multi-function tachometer there is one harness needed. If you want the Command Link multi-function tachometer then different parts are needed.

In other words, we need to know where it is in the world that you want to go to before we can suggest what is needed to get there. If you want to walk down the road then a good pair of shoes might be needed. If you want to go to the moon then a good rocket is needed.

Parts can be seen in this catalog.
      http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2017/MRP/
      Thank you I would want a conventional multi-function tachometer

Comment

See page 2-3, page 2-6 or page 2-8 depending upon the type of your control box.

Comment

I have a tiller

Comment

Oops. My bad.

You should double check with Yamaha USA on the part numbers. Find out if an adapter harness is need between the tachometer and the trim/oil harness. Yamaha has not been able to make up their minds as to whether the tachometer should have one nylon connector or two nylon connectors.

Comment

Thanks Good rigging pic. I assume in the tiller handle there should be some open bullet connectors for the tach

Comment

Originally posted by jrdonicht View Post
                Thanks Good rigging pic. I assume in the tiller handle there should be some open bullet connectors for the tach
                Correct. Remove the bottom cover plate on the handle. Electrics are inside there. Will be plug and play.

Comment

Thank you very very much. That other harness[ 6y5-83653-00]for the oil/trim is like 20 feet long? Crazy for a tiller. Might just by the one[ 6y5-83553-00]and see what happens. Or just by simple analog tach without the oil alert. The local techs around here are of no help.

Comment

Originally posted by jrdonicht View Post
                    Thank you very very much. That other harness[ 6y5-83653-00]for the oil/trim is like 20 feet long? Crazy for a tiller. Might just by the one[ 6y5-83553-00]and see what happens. Or just by simple analog tach without the oil alert. The local techs around here are of no help.
                    Shortest harness is about 16 feet.

You can coil and stow, cut and splice or cut and install new terminals.

6Y5-83653-00-00 YAMAHA TRIM HARNESS 16' 200
                    Last edited by boscoe99; 03-11-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

or simply loop the excess and tuck it under the cowl.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                        or simply loop the excess and tuck it under the cowl.
                        16 feet harness might have a lot of extra to shove in cowling on a tiller model motor

Comment

Working...
                        X