05 yamaha 2 stroke 90 TLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 yamaha 2 stroke 90 TLR

When I start my 90 hp Yamaha in the water, exhaust and water, flow from where steering arm enters under cowling any help

hole or gasket would be my thoughts.
    have you looked to see what you can see without taking it apart yet?

Comment

Could be a number a things between the upper casing and lower cowling causing the leak. I agree with 99yam...probably a leak caused by a bad gasket or seal.

Follow this link for your engines parts blow out to help you know where to look:
      2005 90TLRD Yamaha Outboard Parts
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Thanks guys I took lower unit off to replace water pump, looking up into the bottom of upper casing I see the round seal at it's bottom, there is a groove around the seal, is this supposed to be there, or a seal in the groove? Thanks guys.

Comment

I think what you're referring to is a gasket, not a seal, just fyi. A gasket will "seal" joined parts to prevent leakage at the junction.

Follow the link in my last post. Click on "upper casing" and let us know what seal (gasket?) you're speaking about. Muffler gasket? Posting photos will also help this along if you have one.
          Jason
          1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

90 yamaha 2 stroke

Thanks Jason I ordered number 5 on your diagram, do you know if I can install this from the bottom after I remove lower bottom unit, or do I need to remove the power head? Thanks Jason

Comment

Working...
            X