Question on Yamaha Tachometer and Temp sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Yamaha Tachometer and Temp sensor

I just finished rebuilding a 1998 200TXRW outboard. Just ran engine for the first time and the engine seems to be running great. However, two small things that I need some advice on. First, the tachometer and oil injection status lights on the tach aren't working (all of the guages are from a 1986 yamaha outboard that was on the boat). It is an older tach that was on the boat and I purchased the conversion harness. Everything seems to be connected properly. Do I need to upgrade this to a digital tach to function properly? Also, the outboard didnt have a temp. sensor on it. So I ordered one. It does not fit into any of the cylinder head holes. Where is it supposed to mount? Does it replace one of the plugs at the top of the block? If so, which side - port? Thanks for any help.

kurt

You will probably have to upgrade tach and harness to the new tach and harness to get to work properly. If you use the digital gauge use the 1 gauge kit, it will come with harness(6YR-W0035-E1-00), if use the analog Pro series tach with oil lights you will need to order the trim/oil harness(68F-82553-70-00). That engine has a temp sensor onboth cylinder heads they plug into small holes on top of each head that are for the overheat warning. If you ordered the temp sender for temp gauge then you have to remove the bolt on top of starboard side of engine block just in front of head and thread temp sensor into that hole.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X