2005 f115 trottle hang. Not cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 f115 trottle hang. Not cable

Hello all. To make a long story short, my 2005 f115 txrd throttle started hanging on my last fishing trip. I thought that my cable was messed up but after removing the cable from the linkage and running the engine on muffs, it still does it. I would bring the rpm up to 2000 and would have to physically push the throttle back to get 800 or wait for it to slowly go back down. Funny thing though, if I turn off the engine, the throttle would snap back closed. I removed the intake and cleaned the throttle body, vst tank, replaced the hp fuel filter, checked for cracked vacuum lines, cleaned the fuel lines and rail and, installed cleaned injectors. Installed the intake and test ran. Same thing. Did noticed the isc rattle before engine start though. Not after. Started rattling after shutdown about 5 starts later. Could the ECM cause throttle hang? Dealer not available for a couple of weeks but will come to plug in yds and check parameters. Engine has just under 2000 hrs and had a bad isc motor and wire harness in the past on separate occasions. Compression 215 all cyls. Fuel pressure 41 KO, 37 running. Hard to get yamaha tech on the island I live on. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Update

Ugggg. Got a call from the dealer and he said that he would have to reschedule. I removed the intake again to check throttle body with a fine toothed comb. I noticed some deposits was still present where the shutters are just about to close so I carefully cleaned the throttle bodies better and noticed the lower throttle body was lightly corroded in the area just before closing. After drying with compressed air, I noticed that the bottom shutter would squeak in the area I mentioned while closing the shutter. I carefully applied lubricant using a toothpick to find out exactly where the noise was coming from and it was the shutter touching the corroded area. Ran out of time today so I will continue another day. Hope I don't have to replace the lower throttle body but if I have to I will. I will stick to one problem at a time from now on. Will keep on updating.

Comment

Very interesting and a FIRST for a throttle body corroding out...

But if air is getting past that butterfly, that'd certainly raise the RPM's.

Take a look at this thread, you may be able to save that TB:

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...k-th28034.html

It hasn't been tested (to my knowledge) by anyone here YET.

Please post back the outcome.. And good luck..
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-01-2017, 08:04 AM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X