Friction arm does not stay tight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friction arm does not stay tight.

I have a F70 outboard that does not maintain the friction setting once I set it. I need to carry a wrench to tighten it several times through out the day. Today I took the nut off. I noticed the main body of the bolt moves some but the head of the boat does not. I also noticed the the bolt has what appears to be a slight cut in it. Is it possible the bolt is cut? I have tried to find the replacement bolt and directions on how to change it. So far I have had no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Parts for the steering friction are shown in the Yamaha parts catalog.

2006 and Later F70LA_0112 Yamaha Outboard OPTIONAL PARTS 4 Diagram and Parts

Comment

Any idea why it doesn't stay tight? I have all the parts per diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkeane12 View Post
        I have a F70 outboard that does not maintain the friction setting once I set it. I need to carry a wrench to tighten it several times through out the day. Today I took the nut off. I noticed the main body of the bolt moves some but the head of the boat does not. I also noticed the the bolt has what appears to be a slight cut in it. Is it possible the bolt is cut? I have tried to find the replacement bolt and directions on how to change it. So far I have had no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
        how can the head and body of bolt not move as one?
        Unless it is broke in half.
        or were you talking about the bolt and boat

Comment

Working...
        X