2015 Yamaha f150xb with command link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Yamaha f150xb with command link

I bought the Command Link 1 gauge round kit part# 6Y8-0E83R-81-00. I have not installed it yet do to deciding to rig my new boat with a multifunctional sonar/chart plotter( Lowrance HDS 9/7 gen 3 boat package). I still want the tachometer for for reliable engine hours and RPM info but what parts do I need to buy to make the happen? The motor is a Yamaha F150xb 2015 with a side mount control. Can I buy a main bus hub and power harness and use the existing bus harness capping the yellow and black power wires or do I need to buy a new one? Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by Dieseljhi75 View Post
    Can I buy a main bus hub and power harness and use the existing bus harness capping the yellow and black power wires or do I need to buy a new one?
    I'm not understanding; what is your "existing bus harness"?

Puzzling because you bought a Tachometer "kit" - and haven't yet installed it -

Comment

I think the issue is that the OP bought the kit that does not use a hub. Without the use of a hub, if one uses Command Link gauges, there is no place to connect a Lowrance type harness so that engine data can be conveyed to an NMEA 2000 device.

I suspect that he is wondering how to finesse the system. Not sure however.

Comment

Here is what might work, if I am guessing correctly as to what the OP is wanting to do.

Comment

Thanks, I think that is what I am looking for. Dont really want to buy new wires so I think I will buy the multi hub and resistor and try it with whats already in the kit.

Comment

Let us know if this works for you please. That is how we learn a bit.

Comment

Working...
            X