Lower unit bolts torque specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower unit bolts torque specs

Hello, first post here. Getting ready to do a water pump replacement on a 2008 V150TLR and was wanting to know what the torque specs are for the lower unit bolts. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ron

I don't have the V motor specs in my limited library. My F150 is 34-35 lb ft. I noticed the Z150 is 29.5. Don't go crazy on the bolt for the trim tab, 30 lb ft will often snap the threaded portion off of it. I go about 25 for that. Maybe Boscoe can add specific info for your engine.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      I don't have the V motor specs in my limited library. My F150 is 34-35 lb ft. I noticed the Z150 is 29.5. Don't go crazy on the bolt for the trim tab, 30 lb ft will often snap the threaded portion off of it. I go about 25 for that. Maybe Boscoe can add specific info for your engine.
      29FT LB

Here ya go. This is from a 2004 V150, same lower unit as your 2008. Don't see why it would be any different?

[IMG]V150.LU.Torque by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]
      Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Thanks for the information, that chart helps out greatly!!

Comment

Lower Unit Torgue Specs

I have a 1991 Yamaha ProV150LD does anyone know the lower unit bolts torque specs?

Comment

Originally posted by rcfawjr93 View Post
            I have a 1991 Yamaha ProV150LD does anyone know the lower unit bolts torque specs?
            Doesn't have to be that precise. Go with 30 lb ft.

You will be fine......

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
              Doesn't have to be that precise. Go with 30 lb ft.

You will be fine......
              I totally agree!...I don't even own a torque wrench and probably won't get one until the time comes to torque the cylinder head bolts after their removal...which I have no reason or plans to do any time soon!...For the smaller bolts I like a one-handed, 1/4 inch drive ratchet....never broke a bolt yet...knock on wood!

Comment

Working...
              X