Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Dish Soap?

Your input plz...

Obviously flushing helps remove salt water deposits inside the engine.

Salt Away, more so, but $....

Now, instead of using Salt Away in the application bottle, using liquid dish soap, like Palmolive?

I bring this up in that you can hose down the outside of your engine to remove salt, BUT soap removes ALL the salt residue.

The only down side is dish soap removes wax(should you wax your engine), but this really would be limited to just the lower unit...

Thoughts?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

may do a lot of foaming.

make sure it is OK to just dump in the local waters

Comment

Vinegar.

Once a year I take off my prop, put my lower unit in a garbage can filled with a water/vinegar solution. I use 3 gallons of White distilled vinegar, the deposits left after I drain the water/vinegar out is mindboggling. I've been doing this for 5 years, twice a year.

Take a look at this post: How to: Cleaning your cooling system with vinegar - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CatCam View Post
        Vinegar.

Once a year I take off my prop, put my lower unit in a garbage can filled with a water/vinegar solution. I use 3 gallons of White distilled vinegar, the deposits left after I drain the water/vinegar out is mindboggling. I've been doing this for 5 years, twice a year.

Take a look at this post: How to: Cleaning your cooling system with vinegar - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum
        Very interesting read! Thanks.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X