150 txr speedo tube routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 txr speedo tube routing

I have made mention of this on another thread , but thought I might start a new one here . 2006 150 TXR , I can't figure out where the speedo tube should run. From the fitting in the midsection , next to the 2 ground straps , there is a hole for the shift lever that the speedo tube looks like it has to go through. Originally , mine was run up through the channel with the shift rod , into the bottom cowling . This caused a significant pinch at the point where the tube and the shift rod enter the channel for the shift rod. I'm thinking of running the tube outside the midsection , then into the bottom cowling. It would be "loose" as it went up towards the bottom cowling, but would be covered by the plastic apron. I'm looking for any thoughts , pictures , etc. Thanks

I was thinking that the tube came up via a hole forward of the shift rod. Anyway, here is what the parts catalog shows:

Comment

My motor is nothing like that. I only have the hole for the shift rod to pass thru.i have a midsection extension that has a nipple that inserts into a plastic fitting with a nipple that the speedo hose attaches to. from there it has to go out the shift hole , I just was wondering if it was supposed to stay in the same cavity all the way to the bottom cowling . If so , it was a design meant to fail !

Comment

I found a parts diagram that shows where it comes out of the midsection , there is an open area just in front of the hole for the shift tube , almost impossible to see once the midsection is attached to the bracket . So now I just need to find something that shows where it runs !

Comment

I am dragging my boat home tonight to work on trailer brakes. I will try to verify my routing on the F150.

Comment

Mine has that significant pinch you noted...

Several years ago, I tried putting and "elbow" there which (I don't remember specifically) didn't work/fit. (and of course was EXTREMELY tight to get to)

I ended up completely replacing that hose thru the original openings.

IMO, it's really NOT an issue and short of drilling a hole in your mid-section for that hole(then it's exposed). I replaced it at least 8 years ago and it's still working fine.

With "flushing"(not the power-head), the pressure operated speedometer reads down to 4 MPH...

If your having issues with clogging, inaccurate speeds showing, read this thread, it'll keep your speedometer working accurately indefinitely and NO corrosion inside the LU pitot hole:

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...g-th23159.html

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by gsdanno1 View Post
              My motor is nothing like that. I only have the hole for the shift rod to pass thru.i have a midsection extension that has a nipple that inserts into a plastic fitting with a nipple that the speedo hose attaches to. from there it has to go out the shift hole , I just was wondering if it was supposed to stay in the same cavity all the way to the bottom cowling . If so , it was a design meant to fail !
              You said you have a 150TXR Yamaha. That is the illustration of a 150TXR Yamaha.

"2006 150 TXR "

I am wondering if you have an F150TXR. Completely different model.

Comment

This is the F150 that swallowed the balancer gear in another thread...

Comment

it is an f150 , sorry , I didn't know there was a difference

Comment

As Trump might say "the difference is yuuuge".

F150

Last edited by boscoe99; 02-17-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X