paint for cowling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint for cowling?

I need to locate a small quantity of paint for a 2006 200 hpdi vmax, to repair a scrape on the top of the hood. It is the dark metallic blue - is it available?

My Yamaha dealer told me that Yamaha paints are so expensive that nobody buys them. He stocks a few other brands that offer similar colors for touchup. However, the colors aren't specific to Yamaha and you need to judge by the cap color if it is close to your engine color. I've looked on-line and couldn't find specific Yamaha colors and suggest you visit your nearest dealer to see what they have.

Comment

The color is actually black with a pearl/blue metal flake. The Color Rite paints are what a dealer sells. You will need two different paints, black and pearl. A third if your want to clear coat it. They run about $30 a can. Your best bet would be to take it to an auto paint shop and have them color match the paint for you.

Just speaking from personal experience. I had problems with the Color Rite bubbling over time on my repairs. It was probably in my preparation.

Comment

Working...
      X