Help - can't identify age or model - 2stroke, v6, 200hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pato Loco View Post
    I do wonder why Yamaha did not stamp a serial number into the block. There must be a some reason.
    They put the serial number on a decal and then put the decal on the block. Looks like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=yama...sYbQYQjg6m3DM:

But guess what? If the block is replaced and the mechanic does not move the decal to the new block then there may be no history of the serial number. Simply sloppy record keeping.

Comment

or it comes off with age,oils,and sometimes it was never there on some motors years back.
      but somewhere on the top of the block there will be a 64d or 6g5 or some 3 alpha code that will designate what the basic model is.
      from there if you post decent pics we can narrow it down a bit.
      95 and up motors use square connectors for the trim and oil tank wireing.
      90 and up used the mikuni oil pump.
      98 and up will have an EPA decal on the lower cowl.

Comment

Motor Identified on to next step.

YIPEE - Well the owner finally found all the paperwork he got when he bought the boat and sent copies down to us and according to the receipts it is a 2010 L200AETX. No all I need are parts and information like torque settings etc

Comment

Look up the part numbers in this catalog

Invalid Parameter Error

Then plug the part number into the search box at this website for best prices.

Yamaha Outboard Parts

Torque values will be in the applicable service manual.

Where are you located by the way?

Comment

Look up the part numbers in the applicable parts catalog at this website

Yamaha Online Parts Catalogue

Then plug the part number into the search box at this website for best prices.

Yamaha Outboard Parts

Torque values will be in the applicable service manual.

Where are you located by the way?

Comment

I am located in Trujillo, Colon, Honduras in Central America. "Retired" to a breach house on the Caribbean and fixing stuff for people when I have time. The local dealer's people simply said if I can't give them the numbers from the stickers (no numbers where the stickers used to be) then they had no way of helping me. And they seem to feel that the information in the service manual are their personal industrial secrets so I was hoping to get everything elsewhere but it looks like the engine was made for the local (3rd world market) market and was not made available as 2010 model at least in the "developed" world markets. I have found a 2015 US gov tender document for the exact same model number engines (to be delivered in Panama) that gives part numbers for all the "repair and service"parts which includes pistons con rods and gaskets. The Internet makes fixing things and sourcing parts much easier than it used to be in places like this. It might be time for 3 hour drive to the local dealer but I think I'll wait until I have the pistons out and can take them with me.

Comment

Working...
              X