25hp 4 stroke Carb Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25hp 4 stroke Carb Problem

I have a 2006 T25TLR 4 stroke motor and its having accleration issues will not take fuel from 2800 to about 3400rpms will run under 2500 fine and if I power up past 3500 it runs great up to 5500. I have cleaned the carb it was not very dirty I need some help does the enrichment valve work in this range or only on start up?
    Thanks Larry

Fuel enrichment occurs only when the motor is cold. It is not RPM dependent.

I would suspect a bit of debris is lodged within a hidey hole some where within the carburetor.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks I will take the carb off again and clean it better and try again thanks i could not find out how to test the cold start device
      Larry

Comment

Is this a cold start issue or a flat spot issue within some RPM range? Does it happen during acceleration only or is the flat spot there all of the time?

It is desirable to clean the carburetor in a heated ultrasonic cleaner. Maybe rod out the passageways with a small diameter section of copper wire. Make sure that pressurized carb cleaner can be blown through the various passageways to make sure they are free and clear.

The carburetor and float bowl need to be fully dismantled for most effective cleaning.

Comment

Thanks

it is not a cold start problem only at some rpm ranges and is there all the time under load I did clean out the passages with fine wire and carb cleaner.
          I must have missed something because there was no change to the problem I will have another go at it tomorrow
          Larry

Comment

disassemble and carefully clean the accelerator pump plunger,passage and check valve.
            make sure the accelerator pump rod boot is intact.
            make sure that tiny arse little brass nozzle can flow fuel from the bowl to the nozzle.

Comment

thanks

will do carb is apart and soaking now I will blow out every thing tomorrow and double check the nozzle I think it was spraying maybe not good.
              the problem persists afte you stop moving the throttle so i am not thinking its the pump but I am still looking for all leads.
              Larry:

Comment

got it

found the problem hope this helps others there was a clogged passage between the acclerator pump chamber and the enrichment chamber. I could not get fluid from the enrichment chamber to the Accerator chamber had to use a little Muriatic acid to clean it out runs fine now
                Thanks all
                Larry

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you got your problem solved. Those itsy bitsy passageways in carburetors can be tough to get open.

Comment

Working...
                  X