Best Oil for 2011 F60?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Oil for 2011 F60?

About to do the 100-hour service on my 2011 F60. Any advice on which crankcase oil to buy? I'm leaning toward a fully synthetic, wondering which brand and viscosity people feel would be best. Thanks for any help.

Any marine branded motor oil designed for a four stroke outboard motor should be just fine. Many use Mobil 1 with great results.

This can be a contentious subject. Wars break out over which type of oil should be used. Chevy versus Ford. Yamaha versus Mercury. Two stroke versus four stroke.

Yamaha themselves list SAE grades and weights of oils to be used in their motors without specifying that they actually need to be rated for marine use.

Last edited by boscoe99; 02-11-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Any marine branded motor oil designed for a two stroke outboard motor should be just fine. Many use Mobil 1 with great results.

This can be a contentious subject. Wars break out over which type of oil should be used. Chevy versus Ford. Yamaha versus Mercury. Two stroke versus four stroke.

Yamaha themselves list SAE grades and weights of oils to be used in their motors without specifying that they actually need to be rated for marine use.

Excellent! Thank you!

Comment

Damn my fingers.

Comment

Walmart full synthetic about $18 for 5 quarts

Comment

Working...
          X