90 Yamaha Remote to tiller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 Yamaha Remote to tiller

I am looking at buying a 2007 Yamaha 90 2 stroke. Motor is currently a remote steer and I need to convert to tiller. I have called a couple Yamaha dealers with no success. How difficult is it to convert a remote steer to tiller? I am concerned about the availability to find the parts needed to do this to an older motor. Thanks in advance

It would be what some call "a piece of cake".

See page 3-18 and the links below;

http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2016/MRP/

6X4-42103-53-00 HANDLE, STEERING MAI

6X4-42102-40-00 YAMAHA 80/90 TILLER FITTING

Comment

Not too sure I would call it a piece of cake, there is quite a bit of "stuff" to convert over, from throttle, gears, electric start system and wiring, quite a bit of work, nothing hard, but not a 5 minute job either.

Comment

That is why I used the word "some".

To me it was a piece of cake. Quite fun and enjoyable actually. To Rodnut it would be even less difficult. Everyone's scale of 1 ~ 10 on the degree of difficulty will be different.

A reasonably competent motor owner can probably do it, given enough time. Given a desire.

There are "some" (there is that word again) that would not be able to do it and thus would have to take the motor and parts to a mechanic.

So it goes.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I am not worried about the installation of the tiller. I am fairly capable. My main concern was being able to get the parts. So the parts posted above are all that I need? I don't need extended wiring harnesses or cables etc?

Comment

Send me a PM with your email address if you want more information about the remote to tiller conversion.

Comment

Working...
            X