Command Link Round Meter Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link Round Meter Setup

I have a new F60 6C5L-107391 engine with round multifunction meters. I was trying to set the Speed/Fuel meter to display speed in knots and distance in nautical miles and had some issues exiting the setup mode. I finally got those readings set as I wanted them.
    A side effect I evidently caused when I couldn't exit the setup mode was that I turned off the ECON display. I know there are pages of setup with many options for each, but my Commend Link manual does not list the matrix. Can you give me a link to the various setups for the round Speed/Fuel and Tachometer gages?
    As a minimum I want to turn ECON back on.
    Thanks,
    Pat

Should be a matter of just pressing the mode button.

See page 19 in this document.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/sites/def...28Round%29.pdf

Comment

The link is the same as my manual. When I scroll the mode switch, it skips the ECON display since I inadvertently deleted it when I was in setup. I need the commends to go into setup and restore the ECON display to an active status.
      Thanks.

Comment

I have never heard of the meter being able to delete one of its core functions. Is there now a gap between FLOW and TTL where ECON used to be?

Do you still have a valid speed input? I am thinking that if a speed input is not available (say GPS is turned off and the meter was set for that) then the ECON function may not be available.

What speed input are you using?

Comment

Speed input is the sensor from the engine for boat speed. I originally had the ECON display prior to trying to change the units for speed and distance.

When I scroll the mode button is displays a blank on the lower part of the display where the ECON display was. I note in the manual that displays can be turned off as one option in the setup for units. The You Tube video from the Yamaha Command link DVD describes this also. On the DVD they describe a matrix giving the various pages of parameters and the options for that parameter. I have evidently accidently set the ECON variable to off in setup. I cannot find the matrices for the Speed/Fuel and Tachometer displays referenced in the Yamaha DVD.

The Command Link displays evidently have a large number of available options for display and an easy ability for a novice user to goof up the system.

Any help you can give me is appreciated.
          Thanks
          Pat

Comment

Only thing that I can think of is maybe you have the display set to GPS. It is not seeing a GPS input and thus cannot perform the ECON function.

Comment

I do not see GPS denoted on the upper display near the readout for speed.

Have you seen the matrices for parameter setup described in the Yamaha Command Link DVD. I think that would help me figure out the mistake I made in setup of the gauge?
              Thanks.
              Pat

Comment

Another thought: Is there a way to reset the gauges to factory setup. If that is the case my ECON display should reappear.
                Pat

Comment

There is no "master reset" button or procedure that I am aware of. Might be time for a trip to the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by PatDillon123 View Post
                    I do not see GPS denoted on the upper display near the readout for speed.

Have you seen the matrices for parameter setup described in the Yamaha Command Link DVD. I think that would help me figure out the mistake I made in setup of the gauge?
                    Thanks.
                    Pat
                    You will only see GPS if a GPS is providing a signal to the instrument, which you say is not happening. But maybe the display is set up to receive GPS speed. Which it is not getting. No input, no ECON and no GPS illumination.

Comment

I went through the round meter setup guide and there does not appear to be a way to change from boat speed to GPS like in the square meters. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by PatDillon123 View Post
                        I went through the round meter setup guide and there does not appear to be a way to change from boat speed to GPS like in the square meters.
                        Seems to be another Yamaha documentation "quirk"?

As I read the manuals, the procedure to select between "Ground" (GPS) and "Water" (pitot) is exactly the same for the square and round.

But for their own reasons, Yamaha chose to describe the choice as:

"GPS ON (ground speed)" / "GPS OFF (water speed)" in the Square manual

but simply "ON (ground speed)" / "OFF (water speed)" in the Round manual

Page 18 of the Round manual

Comment

Thanks.
                          Pat

Comment

Dealer solved the problem. Evidently a bad speed sensor on the engine caused the problem.

Comment

might explain that for others when the show up looking at old threads.
                              How did a bad speed sensor stop the gauge from entering the ECON display?

I guess if no input from sensor then the gauge just did not see the need to display it

Comment

Working...
                              X