New Yamaha F250 4.2L Price Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yamaha F250 4.2L Price Installed

Has anyone recently repowered with new F250s on a boat that had previously had mechanical controls. Looking for installed price.
    Thanks

You might want to define your requirements just a bit.

25" or 30" shaft length?

What type of control box is desired? Top mount or concealed side mount?

What length of main engine harness is desired?

What brand and model of propeller is desired?

What instrumentation do you want? Analog needle and dial, conventional multi-function, digital round gauges, digital rectangular black and white or digital rectangular color?

Do you merely want a new motor installed or do you want a dealer to optimize the installation for best performance? There can be a big difference in price.

And if we are talking about a repower of a boat that had two strokes, then there is a possibility that the transom will have to be plugged and redrilled.

Comment

Dang you always want to complicate things

Comment

I suspect that I might have over looked something.

Maybe one motor getting six years of coverage with a different motor getting only three years of coverage.

Over on The Other Site (TOS), aka The Hull Truth, folks are always trying to compare pricing of motor models. Arguments ensue. Fights break out. People are trying to compare grape fruits to grape nuts.

Oh, I forget that a dealer in New York State may charge well over a hundred bucks an hour. A dealer in South Alabama or Mississippi may charge 50 bucks an hour. The dealer in New York is a perfectionist and takes his time doing it all right. More hours. Bubba in MS. does the least amount of work possible in the fastest time. Less hours.

I live in Georgia. If not for AL. or MS. we would not have anyone to look down on.

Comment

easy dude
          I grew up in Pascagoula and grand bay AL.
          my mom still lives in mobile.
          but I will be in Atlanta sunday evening until Wednesday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            I suspect that I might have over looked something.

Maybe one motor getting six years of coverage with a different motor getting only three years of coverage.

Over on The Other Site (TOS), aka The Hull Truth, folks are always trying to compare pricing of motor models. Arguments ensue. Fights break out. People are trying to compare grape fruits to grape nuts.

Oh, I forget that a dealer in New York State may charge well over a hundred bucks an hour. A dealer in South Alabama or Mississippi may charge 50 bucks an hour. The dealer in New York is a perfectionist and takes his time doing it all right. More hours. Bubba in MS. does the least amount of work possible in the fastest time. Less hours.

I live in Georgia. If not for AL. or MS. we would not have anyone to look down on.
            You forgot SC

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              easy dude
              I grew up in Pascagoula and grand bay AL.
              my mom still lives in mobile.
              but I will be in Atlanta sunday evening until Wednesday morning.
              You get to look down on MS.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                You forgot SC
                I thought about SC. Particularly with that wacko senator you have over there.

Comment

25" or 30" shaft length? [B]25 inch Twin engines

What type of control box is desired? Top mount or concealed side mount? Top

What length of main engine harness is desired? [B]26 feet

[/B]What brand and model of propeller is desired? Yamaha SDS

What instrumentation do you want? Analog needle and dial, conventional multi-function, digital round gauges, digital rectangular black and white or digital rectangular color? Digital Round

Do you merely want a new motor installed or do you want a dealer to optimize the installation for best performance? There can be a big difference in price. Best Performance

And if we are talking about a repower of a boat that had two strokes, then there is a possibility that the transom will have to be plugged and redrilled.
                  Repower from a 2004 F225

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    I thought about SC. Particularly with that wacko senator you have over there.
                    That eunuch? Not mine. I'm in GA. By way of AL, VA and NC......time flies!

Comment

Originally posted by legendgw View Post

What length of main engine harness is desired? [B]26 feet

What instrumentation do you want? Analog needle and dial, conventional multi-function, digital round gauges, digital rectangular black and white or digital rectangular color? Digital Round

Do you merely want a new motor installed or do you want a dealer to optimize the installation for best performance? There can be a big difference in price. Best Performance

Repower from a 2004 F225
                      This forum is more about repair than sales. I posted on THT awhile back because I know that forum is full of dealers. My question was concerning the resale value of my F150. I got all sorts of indirect answers. First replies were "where are you located?"

Comment

Originally posted by legendgw View Post

Yamaha F250XCA Outboard Motor (Offshore 4.2L)

Yamaha LF250XCA Outboard Motor (Offshore 4.2L)

$1,769.00 $680.00

What length of main engine harness is desired? [B]26 feet $297.00

2 X $705.00

What instrumentation do you want? Analog needle and dial, conventional multi-function, digital round gauges, digital rectangular black and white or digital rectangular color? Digital Round $975.00

Do you merely want a new motor installed or do you want a dealer to optimize the installation for best performance? There can be a big difference in price. Best Performance See dealer.

Repower from a 2004 F225
                        Here is my best guess. Maybe add $500 to $1000 for incidentals. Plus labor. See dealer for labor.

Comment

Working...
                        X