oil pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pump question

v6 excell h engine remote tank will not shut off when filling the main tank mounted on the motor have searched the fourm cant find an answer any help with this would be app. thanks

that's pretty easy'
    SW1 failed in the engine tank.
    the module failed.
    the module sees low voltage.
    for some quirky reason if the voltage to the module is less than about 9V, it turns the transfer on.
    unplug the engine oil tank.
    turn the key on.
    jump the engine side connector white to black.
    if it turns off replace the tank switch.

Comment

thank u very much.

Comment

any idea where i can find this part

Comment

it is a dirt simple system yet it kicks many a good tech's rear.

Comment

I would add that a defective wire, or connection thereto, could also result in the symptom that you are seeing.

The oil control module is looking for a ground from the top most switch in the sensor assembly. If anything prevents the ground from reaching the oil control module it won't know that the remote tank oil pump needs to be turned off.

The mere action of disconnecting and reconnecting electrical connectors can sometimes improve lack of connectivity issues by scrubbing off any corrosion that might have built up.

Comment

Originally posted by loader123 View Post
              any idea where i can find this part
              6G7-85730-05-00 YAMAHA OIL LEVEL GAUGE ASSY

Comment

thanks again

Comment

preformed the test today the pump continues to run when black and white terminals were jumped any more test would be welcomed thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by loader123 View Post
                    preformed the test today the pump continues to run when black and white terminals were jumped any more test would be welcomed thanks again
                    I would have jumpered the white wire directly to the block to see if the pump stopped. Maybe you want to try again since this is an easy test.

At first glance it appears that the oil control module has failed. Before replacing it however I would check to make sure that the ground wire to the remote tank oil pump has not chaffed itself to a ground some where. This would cause the pump to run any time the key is turned on.

The ground wire to the pump is the blue wire. It should not normally be connected to ground. The only time it is grounded is when the oil control module does it or the toggle switch on the oil control module is pressed.

Disconnect the blue wire at the bullet connector closest to the module. Check for ground on the wire side away from the module. Should be no ground. Then check the blue wire on the module side. Should be no ground.

What do you see?

Comment

thank u i will do it in the morn.is there any way i could contact u by phone the boat is in a storage garage and i can only get to from 7-3:30 est. 570 660 8728

Comment

Working...
                      X