Performance comparison F300 vs 250 SHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it does.
    I do not think a 2 or 4 stroke would do well loading it up like that.

way too much computerized stuff on the new ones I am sure.

Only one I was around was way back in the early 70s, and the instructor did not let us play with it . he ran the dyno testing the motors we rebuilt.
    I believe I killed all those brains cells over the years so I do not remember much about the dyno.
    But the open headers on those V8s running on the dyno outside the building would rattle windows.

Watched aluminum run out the headers on a Boss429 when someone forgot to turn the cooling water on during a test run.

Comment

what are the differences between the F200 V6 3.3 and the F250 3.3L?????

variable cam timing?
      single throttle body?
      not much to compare here and no ECU interchange.

Comment

On the same boat the SHO will produce a higher top speed than the Offshore version. The torque on the SHO is almost as high as the F300 and according to EPA tests has about 10 more HP than the 250 Offshore. I have one on the back of my 23' CC and everyone is impressed with how fast it jumps out of the hole and I get going. On the owner's website I go to for my boat I am 2-4 MPH faster than the F250 speeds guys are listing. The XA model was developed for CC family boats for people who like to tube and other rec stuff.

The ECM mods are only done on the LA models for now. At least by 1 company that does them. If that is something you are interested in you can get the VF200LA and have the mod done for under $700. Output at the prop is just over 300HP.

BTW, for outboard comparison the Evinrude G2 was also made for bass boats and now it's on everything. People were smart enough to realize that a motor doesn't have to be a 1 trick pony.
        Last edited by davepjr71; 03-23-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X