VZ150 HPDI Fuel Filter Change Interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VZ150 HPDI Fuel Filter Change Interval

I bought a 2005 VZ150 HPDI a few months back with 176 hours. I purchased it from the original owner and he said he has changed the spin on boat mounted fuel/water separator several times (non ethanol fuel only) but never touched any of the fuel filters. The boat runs fins, idles fine, and can reach approximately 5700 rpms. My questions is should I leave it alone or should it tackle doing all filters including the mystery basket filters?

I just remove my screw on fuel/water cartridge about once or twice a year, dump contents in a clear container to inspect for debris or water and screw it back on....usually a few particles of dust and a few drops of water. I replace the cartridge maybe every 2 or 3 years just to be safe. Last one I replaced I hack sawed the old cartridge just to see what was in it....honestly it looked brand new inside. Of course the bigger your motor and fuel tank and the more gas you burn then maybe more often to check/dump/replace the cartridge....

Comment

I was thinking about doing that and dropping the housing around the fuel pump to check for debris in it and the vst filter.

Comment

Always a good idea to inspect/clean/replace fuel filters....

Comment

hay zues H cwiste.
          where in the ell do yall come up with "mystery cwap"?

there is an engine mounted cup filter with water detect.
          there is a filter in the VST on the pump intake.
          there is a medium pressure inline filter between the VST and the HP pump.
          there are two NON field serviceable filter in the HP pump.
          there are 6 injector filters one for each.
          Yamaha does not recommend field servicing of the HP pump nor does it sell the filters.

but no mystery anything it is all published data.

Comment

look at the stikys at the forum start page.
            there is a list of Yamaha recommended service intravals for the various models.
            yours will be HPDI.
            remember it is hourly OR calander whichever comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              hay zues H cwiste.
              where in the ell do yall come up with "mystery cwap"?

but no mystery anything it is all published data.
              It all started on the hull truth. Someone apparently found out about filters that were unknown to him (but known to hundreds and hundreds of others) and since they were a mystery to him, started calling them "mystery" filters, thinking apparently that they were a mystery to everyone. The mystery part stuck.

Kind of like "plasma" fused cylinders.

It is a mystery to me that this all comes about.

Comment

Working...
              X