No announcement yet.

2006 f250 txr no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, no alarm when I turn key on, on either engine, no alarm when cranking the engine that wont start and the engine that does start, starts so quickly you could not tell if there was an alarm or not.

Comment

from what rod wrote, good chance the alarm is not working or the boat was not rigged properly for duel motors for the self test.

To check to see if buzzer functions, pull a kill switch and try cranking the motor to see if alarm happens then

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfnv...ature=youtu.be

starter seem to be jumping up and down (its new) also not turning over very fast?

Comment

ok.
          first we have to fix the alarm issue.
          IF it was rigged correctly twin yamahas give a self test alarm when each key is turned on.pull the lanyard and crank it and you get an alarm.
          short the stop circuit and you get an alarm and no spark when cranking.
          but if the alarm is not functioning you have no way of knowing the stop circuit has failed.

Comment

The port motor sounds no alarm when key turned on but starts fine. The starboard motor sounds no alarm also and has started a few times and ran once for 10 minutes. It will not start at all now.They are both on one kill switch.
            Do you think (having looked at the video) that the motor is cranking fast enough to start the engine? Mechanic wants to change the coil pulser! what do you think?
            Last edited by johnny1984; 02-05-2017, 12:40 AM.

Comment

go to the bank.
              grab 600 dollars in quarters.
              stand back 15ft.
              every ten min throw 10 dollars at it.
              soon if enough money is thrown at it it will work.

or you can follow the steps in the service manual to properly test it.

could it be a pulser coil?
              yep

easy to TEST.

but hay it is your rig and your money.

we already know it is not rigged correctly.
              why not start with correcting the rigging ?

Comment

Hahaha I like your sense of humour!

My mechanic is more than a little embarrassed. hes a good guy, he is trying his best. Of course you are right, testing logically is the answer, he is working on the motors for free and I cannot fire him until he gives up. I am sure you would have this fixed in no time. I am giving him the information as you give it to me he is not so good with the electricals...we are in deepest Mexico and the mechanics who could fix this are a long way away and because they are good....they are busy and wont come. It may be easier to pay for someone to come from the USA for a weekend.

How to test the coil pulser..please.

Comment

you could "pay" him buy purchashing him the correct SM , a DVM, some jumper leads and a DVA adapter.
                  would be cheaper than chunking parts and swapping cwap.

some years back I had a customer with a Z200.
                  wire harness failed and took out the port ECU.
                  him and a Bud ,with a few Bud's n suds, swapped the ECU's. now he had a bad harness and two dead ECU;s.

that is why I typically wont swap parts from one to another.
                  it is typically faster to test it.

about the only thing nessasary to test the pulser coil is two paper clips,a DVM preferably with a DVA and the SM resistance and voltage output specs.

Comment

OK sorry, I'm back. changed a few thing's, regulator, starter motor..again.
                    the motor starts everyday first time, switch off, will not start again. Checked the stator against the one on the good engine, same reading so think the stator is ok...any ideas?

Comment

My guess is lack of ground ,some place . Please keep us updated ,as I read this forum to see what problems I might encounter , good luck e

Comment

Yes I will and thanks.

Comment

remember,in the event of pulser coil failure it sets a code 13 and spark is timed by the ex cam sensor.
                          cam sensor is a back up.
                          to lose spark on all 6 means you lost both the pulser AND the cam sensor.
                          you lost the grond for all six coils.
                          you lost the 12+ for all six
                          you lost the ECU.

Comment

Thanks for your help, I just had a message from the mechanic & I think we are getting somewhere. I will get back with what has occurred.

Comment

once that engine is running you can toss the flywheel and stator and regulator in the creek and it will continue to run.
                              solved that issue.

first thing that mokanic gotta do is hook it to YDIS.

otherwise he his [pissing to the windward.

I fixed a 3.3L f250 last Thursday that another dealership gave up on.

problem.
                              it would start, run a bit and die.
                              hooked up YDIS.
                              intake air pressure at key on engine off 17.6"hg.
                              baro at key on engine off 29.6"hg.

what was my problem ????????

Comment

Thanks, Thought we had solved it, put it in the water, started first time, switched it off waited a few seconds, started again no problem, running good, did this several times......2 days later, started first time running good, switched it off, would not start again, would not even fire with starting fluid!, I assume we lost the spark.

Comment

Working...
                                X